Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Blast from the past...

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Blast from the past...
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guru
posted
Hey all!

So, a few weeks ago, my mom found a bunch of old VHS tapes and said, "Here, sort through these and keep what you want, the rest are going to Goodwill." What should I find, but about half a dozen tapes full of random Xena eps, mostly recorded in 2000. I've been having a fun time doing some re-watching, especially since a new friend and I embarked on a marathon of sorts a few months ago (we intend to make it through all 7 seasons, but have only watched 1 and part of 2 thus far!)

Yesterday afternoon I was watching Send in the Clones, when a clip from Armageddon Now (II) was shown. Now, I have to say I haven't watched any of the Herc eps with Xena, so I got onto Whoosh! to look it up, noticed that Callisto has in it, and everything went from there:

"I wonder what Hudson Leick is up to these days...*hops on IMDB* Hee hee, teaching yoga!"

"Wait, what's this about the 2009 convention?" *ends up on afterellen.com, reading a con report and being delighted by all the photos and interviews*

"Hmm...when's the 2010 con? I shall look it up!" *proceeds to Creation Entertainment siteand spies more 2009 con pics*

"Hey!! That's the Twins dressed as Mel Pappas in the costume contest! Huh...I wonder what they're up to these days..." *Googles Daily Scroll, avoids first hit, aaaand...*

...here I am! That's about as meandering and odd as my usual thought process, heh. Razz

Posts: 218 | Location: OR....or what? | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Heya, Em, welcome back! Smile Always happy to see more scrollers here. i think i've scared most of 'em away. i'd think that other Scroll ya googled would scare 'em away more than me from here but ya never know.

i started watchin Xena again recently (got a thread on it in the Xena forum). i'm ready soonage to start on season 4.

Are there still Xena cons!? They never held one close enuff for me to go to.

anyhoo, welcome back!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guru
posted Hide Post
Heh heh, if I didn't know any better, the other Scrolls would've scared me away, too. Wink But hey, you're holding down the fort, there's got to be someone around to keep things going a bit!

I saw your thread, very nice synopses and grading...I know I've definitely been noticing things when re-watching that I have no memory of, or perhaps was oblivious to back in the day (i.e. in Little Problems, when Castor and Pollux speak in Swedish to the disguised Aphrodite and Gabrielle, then say, "We're cunning linguists"...heh evil ).

There are indeed still Xena cons! I had no clue either, but the 15th(!!) is coming up in February 2010. Crazy stuff.

Posts: 218 | Location: OR....or what? | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I started rewatching Xena but got sidetracked when a new season of Heroes came out.

I might have to get back into it when Summer rolls around.

Scary to see that a religious website is the first "Daily Scroll" but good to see that this place is second.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post