Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Look, up in the sky! It's a bird, It's a plane...it's a shooting star????

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Look, up in the sky! It's a bird, It's a plane...it's a shooting star????
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Look to the Northeast this weekend for the annual Perseids Meteor Shower. Visible to the naked eye, helps to be out of the city but really, I've seen it from the city in years past without a problem. Check it out!

August 12 - Perseids Meteor Shower. The Perseids is one of the best meteor showers to observe, producing up to 60 meteors per hour at their peak. The shower will peak this year on August 12, but you should be able to see some meteors from July 23 - August 22. The nearly-full moon will be a problem this year hiding all but the brightest meteors. The radiant point for this shower will be in the constellation of Perseus. Look to the northeast.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I've been excited about going out to look tonight. Naturally, about an hour ago the neighbor's dog got into it with a skunk which I think sprayed every external surface of my house except the roof.

I hope at least the dog got some of it also. They're always getting out of the nasty "fence" the lady has had sort of leaning on her house for two years.

ow. My eyes and nose are burning.

grrrr

--edited because I didn't need a question mark there. I think the what ifs are getting to me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fahrenheit,

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
It sounds like a smelly night for star-gazing in Heitie's neighborhood.
Eek

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heitie:
I've been excited about going out to look tonight. Naturally, about an hour ago the neighbor's dog got into it with a skunk which I think sprayed every external surface of my house except the roof.

I hope at least the dog got some of it also. They're always getting out of the nasty "fence" the lady has had sort of leaning on her house for two years.

ow. My eyes and nose are burning.

grrrr

--edited because I didn't need a question mark there. I think the what ifs are getting to me.

my dog Kemah chased a skunk under our house once...it sprayed right under our bedroom floor.

tasty.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heitie:
a skunk

Thems good eatin'.

Wink

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
I prefer armadillo. Think of it as possum on the half-shell.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
heh. Is that a Jerry Clower? My mother used to play Jerry Clower tapes all the time in the car when she wasn't playing The Beach Boys.

Close-by skunk stink is nothing like highway skunk, I've found. It's like some kind of habanero-onion hybrid stuffed right in your nose. Fortunately the weather's been a little cooler so I don't have to use the window fan. I think some of it is stuck to the blades, or maybe the bush outside. The gift that keeps on giving.

I still haven't seen any meteors yet this year. Although, I was telling Paco the other night that since I saw a huge one about 15 or 16 years ago that lasted probably 10 or 15 seconds and made kind of a hissing sound, I really shouldn't complain. ah...perspective.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
my dog Maverick can make a sound that is reminiscent of Jerry Clower...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post