Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Important Announcement

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Important Announcement
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted
Keri and I are engaged. Smile

I asked yesterday, and she said yes. (otherwise that might have really sucked and been awkward) We wanted to let you guys know, cause we've both been a part of the Scrolls for more than a few years now. And because this is the place we got together in the first place. So feel special, we're letting you know. Razz

That's pretty much it. Hooray for us. Smile Keri will prolly be along soon to add her own thoughts/feelings/yayness. Besides, she's much better at this stuff than I am. So yeah.

Happiness abounds. Smile

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Here I am! I know you all were waiting for the details. I mean, really, a few mins to wait is a long time for details. Razz

Yes, Sara did indeed ask me to marry her and I said yes. Woooooo! Smile

She did it at one of our favorite spots... this place near the beach that I took her to on our first anniversary. It's in Rancho Palos Verdes, and we'd go there to look at the tidepools and just an awesome view overall. We did exactly that and then we had a picnic on the grass under the palm trees next to the ocean. It was pretty chilly and windy but that didn't matter to me, lol, I'm warm blooded. Sara on the other hand had issues. Razz

So yes, we ate our lunch and then she said she had a present for me. She pulled out this beautiful scrapbook that she made of us. It really is beautiful. So we're going page by page, and then we got to the last page... and it says "Will you" with an envelope at the bottom and white ribbon tied over it. I opened the envelope and on the ribbon inside was a ring. LOL, in classic Keri's not normal mode, I proceeded to simply stare at the ring. Wink I untied the ribbon to take the ring off and stared at it more. And stared. Until Sara finally died and went, "You haven't answered the question." Me = Dork. :-p I was like "Oh!" and proceeded to tell her that Yes, I would marry her. Happy Sara, happy Keri, hehe. She put the ring on my finger and we were all goofy and lovey afterwards. Smile

The ring is really beautiful. It's white gold with a channel cut (I believe that's what it's called) with 7 diamonds across. It's absolutely gorgeous... and it SPARKLES! lol, it sparkles a lot and I like that. I have been known to now go, "Sparkle sparkle" at random moments and wave my finger. Due to this, Sara's currently wondering if she can take it back, LOL. Wink

But yes, um hi! I'm engaged! I'm a...fiancee now. That's just funky. LOL.

We're engaged, we're engaged, we're engaged! Woooooooo! Big Grin

(Get used to it. Razz ) LOL

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
wheeeeeeeee!!!
Many many congratulations, you two!!

<---- that's a cheerleader smiley (best I could find)!

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Awwwwwww....love the way you did it beeing the scrapbooker that I am. It's about time. You two are obviously made for each other. Here's to a very happy and healthy life together. There's something missing in my hand. Oh, Zooommm!Big Grin

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
That is so very romantic! CONGRATULATIONS! Here's to many years of happiness! WXF raises her glass! WXF SmileSmile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
yayness & J(meister)-ness all around

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
That's what I'm talkin' bout!Big Grin To Keri and Sara!

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
heh--you know at first it took me a minute or two to figure that out. i was wondering why i was being summoned in the S&K engagement thread. then i realized it was the bartender you were summoning.

hey. i'm slow, but i'm good....

salud!

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
{{{{SARA AND KERI}}}}}

AWESOME! I am so happy for you both...Sara that is so romantic man, great way to propose...and on a beach! Stellar.Smile

This rocks...I remember being in touch with you guys back at the old scrolls when you were first together, talking to you, and I always knew you were meant to be. Great news. And yes, Keri I remember well what it was like to be a fiancee, when John would introduce me as that...that was so sweet, now I'm a wife. You're gonna love it!Smile

So...are we all invited to the wedding? Zoom can bring the jagermeister, I'll bring the Merlot. Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Aww, congratulations! Smile

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Aw, the whole scene related by Gabber made me go all gooey inside. Big Grin

That's great, gals. I'm so happy for you.

Now, details. I need details:

1. Does Sara get a ring too?

2. When is the happy day?

3. Has Gabber run away from Borders and off to Texas yet?

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
WOW! How absolutly romantic! Amazing! And very very many congratulations from me!!!!!!!!!!

*HUGS BOTH IN BIG BEARHUG*

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Thank you everybody for the congratulations and overall happiness and LOVE! (Sara's gagging.) Wink

We really appreciate it, and yes, everyone's invited to the wedding. Sara asks that you please bring booze. Especially zoom. Razz

Now now, I see that someone wants some details so, la la la...

1. Does Sara get a ring too?
Sara does not get an engagement ring. She refuses to let me get her one. BUT she will have a wedding band. My ring's so huge on my finger (lol and it sparkles!) that I'm gonna use it as both my engagement and wedding ring. Sara however... well... we need to go shopping at some point, don't we? Big Grin

2. When is the happy day?
Good question. Who knows.

LOL just kidding. Well, kinda. Razz We don't really know at this point. Right now, we're focusing on planning for my move and for moving in together. Once I get settled in/we get settled in, we'll start planning for the wedding. Definitely within the next year though.

3. Has Gabber run away from Borders and off to Texas yet?

I wish!!! TAKE ME AWAY!!! smash

Actually, Sara will be getting a one-way ticket out here to CA in early December...and then we're going to drive out to Texas together. So that's when I will for sure run away. HOPEFULLY I'll be running away from Borders sooner than that. Pieces of crap Borders management. Razz

Sara has nothing to add. LOL she's gonna hit me. Wink

We love you all!!! (And she's gagging again.) Thank you again... I like attention. Big Grin

(Sara's telling me to press the damn post button. I wonder if she wants me to post. Hmm. I guess...)

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Hehe....I'm all giddy for you! Big Grin

My Space

Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
quote:
(Sara's telling me to press the damn post button. I wonder if she wants me to post. Hmm. I guess...)

Hey I think it's the post and BE damned button! Big Grin But anyway, good to hear you are happy together and planning a future. I hope for you both the best of times.

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Congrats you guys.

I don't know how i missed this thread before but i did.

I'll be waiting for my invitation.

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the details SmileCongratulations {{{Sara + Gabber}}}

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nanzar:

Hey I think it's the post and BE damned button! Big Grin
Damn Skippy! evil

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
OH MY GOD!

Congratulations!!!!!!!

I'm so very very very happy for the two of you!

Keri, your description almost made me cry! Sara you definitely know how to win your girl's heart.

Oh I'm so happy for you both!!!

Congratulations!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Thank you all who posted after my last reply! We kept up on the replies (since I'm an attention whore Razz ) and loved every one of them. I'm so glad ya'll are happy for us and rooting us on and all that stuff. Smile

PLUS, I broke away from Borders! Wooo! Er, for not so fun reasons, but at least I'm done. I'd be at work right now if I hadn't quit. Blah. So yay, that's one thing taken care of. Soon enough I'll be driving to Texas with my fiancee. Smile

Yay!

Love you all still! Big Grin

And yes, I'm posting finally 'cause Sara had to go back to Texas today. She should be home soon I think, if not already home. But yes, that's why I'm posting, I don't have a wonderful fiancee to smother. Big Grin I wish I did. Smile

~Keri

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Shinigami
posted Hide Post
Did somebody say "Jagermeister"?!?EekevilBig Grin

I know it's late, but...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I hope to get an invitation, cuz I would love to be there. Big Grin

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin{{{S&K}}}Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Your Hidden Talent

You have the natural talent of rocking the boat, thwarting the system.
And while this may not seem big, it can be.
It's people like you who serve as the catalysts to major cultural changes.
You're just a bit behind the scenes, so no one really notices.

What's Your Hidden Talent?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourhiddentalentquiz/

Posts: 474 | Registered: 20 September 2004Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Why the Hell didn't someone point this out to me sooner!?!?!??!?!

Hello - I'm a little slow here and I haven't gotten to be online much. Please, don't think my absence means that I am not totally thrilled for the two of you.

Congrats you two, that is truly awesome and I wish you all the best.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post