Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    9/11 20 years later

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
9/11 20 years later
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
I think I was the first Scroller to learn what had happened, and I was watching live as the second tower was hit.

I had stayed up late to watch the news.

I remember talking to Scrollers as they woke up.

I think Nanzar was the first one I spoke with.

I basically told everyone to hop offline, and turn on the TV.

The next day at work we just watched the news all day.

My stomach hurt by the end of the day, as it clenched up every time I watched the towers get hit.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I was probably 1 of the last......

being sick I got up in the afternoon...

got a call from my brother before 5 PM ,I think,
when he tried to explain the happenings to me...

I was incredulous,obviously...

"He said..Turn on the TV any channel..."

I think my most vivid memories are of the incredible sadness
that overtook me
& how Extra bright & sunny the days were with no planes creating contrails to pale the sky...

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i was at work. i'm not sure what plane had hit when the radio DJ announced it. i was in the shipping dept. & ran to my desk PC.

On the net, it took forever for Yahoo or any news source to come up. i went home at lunch & watched it on TV.

People outside the work building were phoning people they knew in NYC on their phones... if they could get through.

i remember posting on the scrolls about donating blood. Lines for gas went around several blocks.
Gas station owners later were charged with price gouging.

All the applause for the NYC firemen... that was something grand. Sad that many of them & other first responders & volunteers from other states died from all the dust from the towers, just adding to the catastrophe of the lost lives in NYC, Washington & Pennsylvania.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post