Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    The 2005 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade Running Commentary
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The 2005 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade Running Commentary
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
the Cheetah Girls "Cheetalicious Christmas"

well, at least I'll remember that name. Pity they don't live up to the name.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Kennesaw Mountain High School.

They are supposed to be doing Carol of the Bells...I can kind of hear it. The drill team is annoying.

The M&Ms are on video? WTF? Why are they on the parade broadcast?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Okay, I looooove Carrie Underwood's coat. That is awesome. I don't get the hobo chic gloves though.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Well, the shopping cart drill team looked promising, but again we got a whole 20 seconds of 'em. Heh, if only I were directing this...the rating would probably plummet.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Another clown? JoJo the Clown. Good thing zoom ain't here. This would be traumatic.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Love the Peppermint swirl flags of Crestview High from Florida. very in the season. But Matt said they were doing "Deck the Halls" Sounds more like "We Wish you a Merry Christmas" to me.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
and there's Santa Claus...and the end.

Matt says it's obvious that they've had a lot of fun durning the parade. I must be clueless, it seemed kind of stilted and awkward to me. Maybe that's Matt's idea of fun.

Okay, that was....something.

Now, let's open it up for discussion. What was the gayest (using Sara's definition) aspect of the parade this year?

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I liked reading this, it was just like being there in person to experience to wonder and excitement Big Grin

I saw a little thing on the news about that balloon that.. crashed.. or whatever happened. Was anyone hurt? It would've been strange being in the balloon's path, slowly seeing it coming down towards you..

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
It seems like one or two people had to go to the hospital. I'm almost positive they were spectators.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:

Random clowns are the scariest on account of their unpredictability.

see...i knew you would understand. only one thing scarier, and i know cuz one sidled right up to me once...the random, amateur-ish itinerate clown. no kidding i broke into a sweat and got weak in the knees. big help le was she leaned over and whispered "don't look it in the eyes; it'll steal your soul..." to this day i can never totally relax in that restaurant.

ok, i gotta get back to reading the delicious snarkfest...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
well that was great fun. i actually got (had...) to see part of the parade with my mom...from about the hawaiian band to that last freakin clown. then mercifully i realized football was on.

i was so totally with y'all though... Big Grin smash

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post