Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    the New & Improved Quotations thread
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 13

Moderators: Amethyst, zoom
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the New & Improved Quotations thread
 Login/Join 
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted
I'll open with a famous & important quote of
John F, Kennedy:

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

Certainly something that bears note in theses modern selfish times..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Thersites,

Posts: 1366 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
JFK Again:

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Posts: 1366 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
More JFK:

Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
More JFK:

The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.

A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

I think these 3 viewed together sum up the present day destruction of my once great country..

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
Another JFK:

War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today.

Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 10417 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

and

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.

Albert Einstein

Posts: 10417 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
JFK Again:

Too bad no one holds up this possibility these days....

We believe that if men have the talent to invent new machines that put men out of work, they have the talent to put those men back to work.

Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.

Harry Truman

Dream is not the thing what you see in sleep, dream is the thing that does not let you sleep.

Adbul Kalam

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
Jfk one more time for now:

In a very real sense, it will not be one man going to the moon it will be an entire nation. For all of us must work to put him there.

So XC likes this thread..

I remember in a democratic era when this nation was about greatness & what we all could do..

The n cam e Ronald Reagan the republicans & the era of Cant Cant Cant..

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
The REAL AL GORE quote @ the Internet

During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.

AL Gore NEVER said .."I invented the Internet"

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
More of My Buddy Al Gore:

As human beings, we are vulnerable to confusing the unprecedented with the improbable. In our everyday experience, if something has never happened before, we are generally safe in assuming it is not going to happen in the future, but the exceptions can kill you and climate change is one of those exceptions.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
AL Gore @ THAT quote:

The day I made that statement, about the inventing the internet, I was tired because I'd been up all night inventing the Camcorder.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
Al Gore Again:

As I have said for many years throughout this land, we're borrowing money from China to buy oil from the Persian Gulf to burn it in ways that destroy the future of human civilization. Every bit of that has to change.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
Al gore one last time:

George Bush taking credit for the wall coming down is like the rooster taking credit for the sun rising.

You know the old saying: you win some, you lose some... and then there's that little-known third category.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
One more go round with Al Gore I couldnt resist:

The planet is in distress and all of the attention is on Paris Hilton.”

“Here is the truth: The Earth is round; Saddam Hussein did not attack us on 9/11; Elvis is dead; Obama was born in the United States; and the climate crisis is real.”

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
WHat if I just got this as a Captcha../

who you gonna call?

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
Now on to a Foole I REALLY Hate:

Ronald Reagan:

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

What if this was added to the pledge of allegiance in 1954 due to the 'Godless Cummunists' scare...

FU Ronny

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
Ronny Again

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

Hmmm Yeah Just like the Taliban & Sharia law in the middle east...I suppose...

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
Ronny at his simple minded best:

Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
YEah we know Ronny:

I've never been able to understand why a Republican contributor is a 'fat cat' and a Democratic contributor of the same amount of money is a 'public-spirited philanthropist'.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
the stupidest one So Far:

Approximately 80% of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources.

ROn Reagan

How can a person survive being so fulla $h!t...

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.

-Ronald Reagan

THen why do Republicans try to subvert it every way they can..?

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
We might come closer to balancing the Budget if all of us lived closer to the Commandments and the Golden Rule.

- Ronald Reagan

Conservative Govt DOES live by the Golden Rule..

Those with the GOD Make the RULES...