Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    the New & Improved Quotations thread
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13

Moderators: Amethyst, zoom
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the New & Improved Quotations thread
 Login/Join 
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Thunderstruck
posted Hide Post
"I'm your truth, tellin' lies, I'm your reason, alibis! I'm inside, open your eyes--I'm YOU!"

--Metallica

"People say I make strange choices, but they're not strange for me. My sickness is that I'm fascinated by human behavior, by what's underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people."

~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Thunderstruck
posted Hide Post
“For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"People say I make strange choices, but they're not strange for me. My sickness is that I'm fascinated by human behavior, by what's underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people."

~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
"..."

-xc

Posts: 10476 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
"!!!!"

-xc

Posts: 10476 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
"???"

-xc

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe.

- Andy Rooney

Posts: 1401 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
It's paradoxical, that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone.

- Andy Rooney

Posts: 1401 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

- Andy Rooney

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
Happiness depends more on how life strikes you than on what happens.

- Andy Rooney

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
I've done the calculation and your chances of winning the lottery are identical whether you play or not.

Fran Lebowitz

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy.

Fran Lebowitz

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
The one thing I'm convinced George W. Bush is good at is bipartisanship. It's clearly something he enjoys personally.

Tucker Carlson

Yeah you go boy....

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
Swing voters are more appropriately known as the 'idiot voters' because they have no set of philosophical principles. By the age of fourteen, you're either a Conservative or a Liberal if you
have an IQ above a toaster.

Ann Coulter

WOW I mostly agree with this...!

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
I might be in favor of national healthcare if it required all Democrats to get their heads examined.
Ann Coulter

I love to engage in repartee with people who are stupider than I am.
Ann Coulter

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
America's health care system is neither healthy, caring, nor a system.

Walter Cronkite

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see.

Leonardo da Vinci

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of Thersites
posted Hide Post
The poet ranks far below the painter in the representation of visible things, and far below the musician in that of invisible things.

Leonardo da Vinci

Good to see im not the only one who thinks poetry is Vastly over-rated....

Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
"Responsibility is a heavy responsibility, man"

-cheech & chong

Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
"whatever"

-xc

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Thunderstruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thersites:
It's paradoxical, that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone.

- Andy Rooney

Whoa, how true is that!! Yup, agreed. Razz

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Thunderstruck
posted Hide Post
“Without music, life would be a mistake.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols, Or, How to Philosophize With the Hammer

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Thunderstruck
posted Hide Post
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Hehe love this one! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
"To be or not to be- whatever"

-xc

Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
"Ask not whatever can do for you, ask what you can do whatever"

-xc

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Thunderstruck
posted Hide Post
"Chocolate is the cure for too much exposure to stupidity." evil

--Donna Anna

~~Johnny Depp.