Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Katrina
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Katrina
 Login/Join 
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Shinigami
posted Hide Post
I came to peek in here to see if Tam is alright. Glad to see that you are. I haven't been here for a while.

Anyway, the whole Katrina thing is just horrible. I can't comprehend the devastation. We've been collecting at work and at Tece's school. My work is actually matching $25 for every $25 dollar check written. Pretty freakin' cool. There are alot of good folks in Bucks County. My co-worker just bought alot of baby clothes for her church's efforts, and her husband bought alot of stuff too. I was blown away when I found this out.
My prayers and thoughts go out to all of the victims. Frown

Your Hidden Talent

You have the natural talent of rocking the boat, thwarting the system.
And while this may not seem big, it can be.
It's people like you who serve as the catalysts to major cultural changes.
You're just a bit behind the scenes, so no one really notices.

What's Your Hidden Talent?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourhiddentalentquiz/

Posts: 474 | Registered: 20 September 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Not sure why i had this link to begin with, i might have bought a cd from the fellow or was looking for info on some New Orleans songs. But the site's pretty interesting & i've been reading the updates in the blog, i found the link again after someone emailed me about some musicians' whereabouts after Katrina.

http://www.gumbopages.com/looka/

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shouldvebeen bornablonde:
I came to peek in here to see if Tam is alright. Glad to see that you are. I haven't been here for a while.

thanks

quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
http://www.gumbopages.com/looka/

thanks for the link.. lots to read/see there

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
a lot of the musical community of New Orleans has ended up here in Austin. i know Cyril Neville & a load of his family are here, as well as several of the Dirty Dozen & others...local venues are already setting them up with gigs, as well as adding them to already scheduled events.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
posted Hide Post
I admit, I've never had the pleasure to personally visit New Orleans still, it would be such a waste to lose the personality and flavor of that city. There is none other like it and never will be.
The music, the style of celebration, etc...hopefully, I will be able to visit in the future.

Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post