Scrolls
For those who either hated 2018 or at least wants a decent 2019

This topic can be found at:
https://bingoze.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/526601791/m/4627039183

29 December 2018, 11:22 AM
Free Madness
For those who either hated 2018 or at least wants a decent 2019
I would like to see human beings start to create spaces for listening and not so much reacting. It's a start...there's too much chaos and turmoil to expect the results I truly want. I.e. Trump being arrested for his countless crimes against this country and the world. smash

I'd love to see an improvement in #MeToo's campaign to stop abuse. They can start by recognizing that abuse is not gender-specific to men or women. Asia Argento and Amber Heard are two examples of this. We can't have an organization that wants only to create safe spaces in the workplace and elsewhere, sabotaged by wolves in sheep's clothing.

I'd love to see the arts become more respected as art...and not be overrun with politics.

I'd love to see marijuana legalized in all 50 states. Many have benefitted medically from it. Right now, Pennsylvania is forbidden to sell real canibus oil. We have to buy Hemp oil which at least for me, doesn't work as effectively as real weed. I've never tried actual canibus since I haven't had the $$ to leave PA. lately. Razz

These are just a few improvements I'd love to see happen in the outside world. As for me, I have a list of "goals." I don't call them resolutions, that's bad luck. Wink Big Grin

1. I want to make some money doing something meaningful
2. I want to get my energy back to walk at least 20 minutes a day.
3. I want to meet Johnny Depp next time he goes on tour with his band. It's a pretty penny for a backstage pass but even 5 minutes looking into his eyes and talking with him would make my year! Big Grin

I'll leave it at that for now. Next up! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Free Madness,

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

30 December 2018, 11:02 PM
xenacrazed
didn't like 2018

don't care for hashtag groups.

agree, too much politics in art

not for legalizing pot, were it up to me, i'd ban alcohol & cigarettes & guns & iphones & social media (except for forums) & political parties & lawyers

i want time travel so i can go back in time and correct big mistakes i made and keep making

yes, i am grumpy xc anymore
01 January 2019, 09:47 AM
Free Madness
I used to want to time travel...now I'm not so sure. If I were to go back in time and do certain significant things differently...sure a lot of things would be better. I'm afraid though, that a lot of other things might suck that were otherwise the highlights of my life thus far.

I'd be ok with a social media ban and an iphone ban lol. Too many kids on their phones not paying attention to what's going on around them. Someone could get killed that way! And social media is trouble. I've become too addicted to it but all it does is cause more trouble. Forums are great, I've always said anonymity is the best. Less exposure means less hassle in real life as well as online.

Lawyers can stay as long as they do some SERIOUS overhauling. Stop putting the idea into their head in law school that it's all about money and start teaching them to use their skills to make the world a better place. And don't call them hippies if they walk into the field with that mindset lmao. Two of my cousins are lawyers, but I've heard in family gatherings the whole argument of "you gotta eat." So money becomes the prime reason for taking a case whether the client is on the level or a rich psycho. Anymore I've learned that you can't depend on anyone else to do things for you. You gotta do it yourself. Life is annoying like that but oh well.

Anything that is addictive can be avoided without a ban on it...just surround yourselves with others who don't go near it, and go to 12 step meetings if need be.Big Grin One rather interesting good thing that happened in 2018 was, I discovered I'm not an alcoholic. Yes there are some people who spend years engaging in addictive behavior with one substance only to find out later that it's NOT an actual physical addiction, but a psychological issue manifested by either trauma or some other environmental crap. Or maybe their spine was out of alignment. When I started seeing a chiropractor weekly, sometimes three times a week? All my cravings for alcohol went away. Literally. I had picked up the drink again when my father died, resolving to see the grief through to whenever I felt I could stop drinking again and go back to meetings. When I started seeing the chiropractors, my obsession vanished! I still want it now and then to relax, so I will have a glass of wine or half a glass...but not every day. Even if alcohol went away forever, I don't even think I would miss it. Weird!!!! Sometimes you just never know. I don't think chiropractics are some kinda cure for alcoholism or necessarily can cure "everything" but there is something to be said for a balanced body being able to figure itself out as well as heal itself. I don't recommend everyone start speculating on this for themselves but...for me it was just one of those things I hadda do. If someone is physically addicted to something, they need to address it eventually or it will take over their lives and/or kill them. When it's something different though, that's equally important to address. Oh well. Didn't mean to get off track. As far as bans, I wouldn't mind seeing certain prescription drugs that have caused more harm than good, taken away forever. Wink

Last night was MEH, but it ended up not being so bad. I really am hoping Trump doesn't win again in 2020. Crazy as that sounds, Bush 2 stole the election and he won a second term. Back then we all thought Bush 2 was the most insane man to take office. NOW look. Careful what we say, it might come back to haunt us or bite us or both!
Ah well. Moving forward anyway!!! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Free Madness,

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

02 January 2019, 03:45 PM
xenacrazed
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
quote:
Originally posted by Free Madness:
I used to want to time travel...now I'm not so sure. If I were to go back in time and do certain significant things differently...sure a lot of things would be better. I'm afraid though, that a lot of other things might suck that were otherwise the highlights of my life thus far.

Time travel would -IMO- not change the future but create parallel universes. So, the best way to change the past is to change it in the most key events that you can. Then, through a Einstein Rosen wormhole (don't ask how you get there, just get there), you travel to the various times (see the movie "Coherence") and pick the timeline where things have turned out the ultimate best for your doppelgänger. Then, kill your doppelganger and take her place. All will be perfect as long as you keep up the ruse.

02 January 2019, 07:24 PM
Free Madness
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xenacrazed:

Time travel would -IMO- not change the future but create parallel universes. So, the best way to change the past is to change it in the most key events that you can. Then, through a Einstein Rosen wormhole (don't ask how you get there, just get there), you travel to the various times (see the movie "Coherence") and pick the timeline where things have turned out the ultimate best for your doppelgänger. Then, kill your doppelganger and take her place. All will be perfect as long as you keep up the ruse.

That's interesting! I'll definitely rent that movie. Lots of movies and books I've seen on time travel make it sound dangerous. Last year I watched a little of Back to the Future 2 and got upset by it lol...also:
(SPOILER ALERT)

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, don't know if you ever read that script or heard about it but it deals with stuff like that...Time Turners and the like. Someone wants to use one to change something HUGE from the HP books, and that's all I'll say. Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

28 April 2019, 01:23 AM
Brucy Braless
quote:

XC you such a Sweetheart.. Wink

I'll do ya one better...I want the most lousy humans on earth to just die like a good little boys & girls... Say at least 4 Billion or more so that theres room & resources for what pathetically little wild life there is left to thrive.

We CANNOT keep consuming resources at a rate 2 1/2 times what the earth can sustain.

Hay! Screw people ..Ive not yet met a single one who hasnt disappointed me.
the older I get the more.....dismayed.

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?
13 May 2019, 09:42 AM
Free Madness
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:

XC you such a Sweetheart.. Wink

I'll do ya one better...I want the most lousy humans on earth to just die like a good little boys & girls... Say at least 4 Billion or more so that theres room & resources for what pathetically little wild life there is left to thrive.

We CANNOT keep consuming resources at a rate 2 1/2 times what the earth can sustain.

Hay! Screw people ..Ive not yet met a single one who hasnt disappointed me.
the older I get the more.....dismayed.

Agreed. The older I get the more isolated I become. And the world has entirely too many people who don't mean well. This change stuff, whatever it's supposed to be, is not for the better, even if it is presented(or shoved down our throats) like it is.

You can't even have a normal conversation with people anymore. I'd rather talk to my cats. Big Grin

Or write books about more interesting people I make up in my head. Wink

~~Johnny Depp.

10 June 2020, 05:37 PM
xenacrazed
2020 outsucks 2019 & 2018 combined
19 October 2020, 06:33 PM
Free Madness
Yes it does. Who knew it would end up like this? For me 2018 sucked most because my dad died that year and actually 2019 wasn't the worst...but yeah this year tops any sucky year I ever had in my life.

~~Johnny Depp.

19 October 2020, 08:20 PM
Brucy Braless
WHat if.. this sounds bizarre but, its really not all that different than any of the last 10 years of my life..?

The year that house burned was actually a LOT more stressful..{2007 or 08??}
I feared I would finally become homeless..

The doctor thing has been particularly frustrating this year but I think its because Im makin more of an effort.

My Mom added up all the expenses she could find & think of for the new place & it looks like an average of @ $250 a month.

That a little over 1/2 of what Im paying dear Suzie..?
09 November 2020, 05:31 PM
Brucy Braless
What if I bump this thread to force the old What Sniff thread farther down the page..?