Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Xena comic is now available!

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Xena comic is now available!
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guru
posted
Our site is www.ruppsworld.com

BY JOHN LAYMAN AND FABIANO NEVES (1ST ISSUE COLORED BY RICHARD ISANOVE); COVER ART BY BILLY TAN, FABIANO NEVES AND PHOTO COVER !

Xena's back and Dynamite's got her! This month, Dynamite launches a special Xena event, featuring writer John (Red Sonja/Claw) Layman and artist Fabiano Neves! Issue #1 covers featuring great creators and a photo of the leading lady herself - one by Billy Tan with colorist Peter Steigerwald, one by interior artist Fabiano Neves and the other a photo cover of the stunning Lucy Lawless - Xena and her well-loved cast of friends and villains get in between a feud that reaches all the way up to the heavens as they fight in the "Contest of Pantheons" featuring Xena, Gabriele, Joxer, Autolycus and the return of Callisto!

Posts: 281 | Location: the recesses of Hell | Registered: 08 November 2004Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
based on the cover alone, i think i'll pass...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Picked it up with my usual stack of comics this week. Mine was the cover with Xena, Gabby, Joxer and some gods. The art was pretty good. i was hoping that they would have started the series with either Xena's origin or her story in flashbacks. Don't see how they'll gain more readers other than folks who already know the story through the series various seasons. i mean, if i was gonna invest in a comic based on a tv show i knew nothing or little about (ie Buffy), i'd want the skinny from the get-go or i wouldn't spend a penny on the mag.

Anyhoo, the story had Xena with the new chakram yet Gabby has long hair & the BGSB and Callisto was in Hade's realm soooooo i was confused. No introductions and no continuity okeedokee. But i'll stick with it long as it supports the company that produces Red Sonja (yum yum!)

Meanwhile at Marvel, i'm losing all respect for the pro-Heroes Registration clowns (Iron Man, Spiderman, Reed Richards) and please don't tell me that Thor is gonna support that crap. Least Doc Strange has the brains to not be behind it and yay Capt America, who i never was a big fan of til now, for leadin' the anti-Reg heroes & heroines. And yay Emma Frost for tellin' Tony Stark where to stick it. oh don't mind me, i's just a comic nerd.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i read ish #2 of Xena tonite and am pretty disappointed by the writing. John Layman wrote the story, whoever he is, he doesn't seem to get what and who Xena is about. If they're attempting a retelling of the Xena legend, me thinks they should make that clear and start at the beginning. But i do like the artwork.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post