Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Things I learned in 2005
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Things I learned in 2005
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bonnie Tyler:
evidently, I haven't learned a f#@&%ing thing.

me neither! In my l'il corner of the world, 2005 was a sh*ttier version of 2004. There was nothin new being taught- besides computer programs & entertainment trivia- so nothin much to learn, just the same 'ol same 'ol. Humankind either stood still or took steps backward (more deeper into the Bushian/Conversative/Neo-Nazi Dark Ages of Ignorance & Stoopidity). If there's anything new under the sun to be taught & maybe learned (if peoplekind stop-n-listen for a change), it would probably be from the animals, while they are still animals left in the world. i think we oughta turn ruling rights of the planet over to the animals. There could be an AN (Animals Nations) building in NYC instead of the UN. Them critters would probably have this world un-screwed up in no time. 'Course, most peoplekind might have to move to Mars or somewhere to get this done but still...

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
In my l'il corner of the world, 2005 was a sh*ttier version of 2004.

Yeah I hear ya...LOL

But then I think I have felt that way Every year since Ive been ill.

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
If there's anything new under the sun to be taught & maybe learned (if peoplekind stop-n-listen for a change), it would probably be from the animals, while they are still animals left in the world. i think we oughta turn ruling rights of the planet over to the animals. There could be an AN (Animals Nations) building in NYC instead of the UN. Them critters would probably have this world un-screwed up in no time. 'Course, most peoplekind might have to move to Mars or somewhere to get this done but still...

But see...HERE is a great lesson learned. Even if the majority of people are too stoopid to allow it...just learning that animals are smarter than we are is definitely a good lesson to take from 2005 or whenever.Smile

Sometimes one lesson can outdo six million others, depending on how valuable. Just mho.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
penguins are gay

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted Hide Post
I leared that...

There are many times when I think I can't go any futher, and yet, somehow I always find the strength to keep going.

That people who live 3 hours away care more about me than those who live fifteen minutes away.

Even though the above is true, I am lvoed, and loved deeply.

That whenever I'm ready for it there is a place ready and waiting for me.

That people as a whole are ignorant, immature and irritating.

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i’ve learned that i can’t always be responsible for other people’s actions.

i’ve learned that other people can’t always be responsible for my actions.

i’ve learned that it’s more important to understand myself, than for others to understand me.

i’ve learned that two-faces are more useful than one.

i’ve learned that people who think they’re smart often lack compassion.

i’ve learned that brown-nosing is the most lucrative talent anyone can possess.

i’ve learned that direction can’t be forced.

i’ve learned that distraction is a great and terrible thing.

i’ve learned that procrastination is my biggest problem, next to self-doubt.

i’ve learned that mental illness is a pandemic.

i’ve learned that negativity is the sh*t that helps the flower of free-thought to grow.

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
i’ve learned that negativity is the sh*t that helps the flower of free-thought to grow.

Brilliant, lol.Big Grin

I've learned that cab drivers in Philly can be trickier and more devious with their passengers than I thought.

I've learned that i'm a lot better at seeing when someone is messing with me than I used to be.evil

I've learned that sometimes you gotta get tough on people who try to pull one over on you, even if they don't like it when you get tough on them...oh well.Razz

I've learned that...I ain't responsible for someone else's issues but I can lend a helping hand if they ask.

I've learned that if they don't ask, don't fix it.

I've learned that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I've learned that I'm sleepy and need my bed....soon.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post