Scrolls
My new digs

This topic can be found at:
https://bingoze.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/526601791/m/603100999

29 July 2005, 01:53 PM
Shawn
My new digs
Okay, here are a couple pics of the new place. It's old, built in 1957, and it's not big, only 1246sqft, but I guess come August 5th, it'll be mine.

The front

The kitchen

The back living room

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

29 July 2005, 02:00 PM
XF3
Looks very cabinish. Very cozy. Nice!

-----------------------------
My Space

29 July 2005, 02:48 PM
<Heitie>
Gorgeous! Smile

Very woodsy. And it looks to have shelves and cabinets everywhere. Awesome!

That's so exciting, moving to a new place. There's all that arranging, etc Big Grin

If you lived closer I'd offer to hook you up with some granite. Paco'd probably trade for a motorcycle. heh Wink
29 July 2005, 03:37 PM
<Tam>
look at all that paneling
29 July 2005, 03:39 PM
<Tam>
i grew up in a house smaller than that.. course i was smaller then Wink
29 July 2005, 03:43 PM
Shawn
When I start to get settled I'll try and post some more pics and get your ideas about colors etc.

First order of business is new carpet in the master bedroom and living room and Pergo in the kitchen and dining. I'm going to stain the concrete in the remaining rooms.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

29 July 2005, 03:43 PM
Shawn
Oh and has anyone ever painted over wall paper? Can you do that or do I need to remove it?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

29 July 2005, 04:25 PM
<Heitie>
I think my house is something like 900 sq feet. With four people. heh.

I've heard that you can paint over wallpaper, but I don't know the particulars...preparation, etc.
29 July 2005, 04:28 PM
<Heitie>
These seem pretty informative:

http://real-estate-agents.com/tips/painting/painting-over-wallpaper.shtml

http://alsnetbiz.com/homeimprovement/faq17.html

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/remodeling/article/0,1797,HGTV_3659_1377201,00.html

Good luck Smile
29 July 2005, 09:14 PM
xenacrazed
Congrats on the new digs- i dig what you bought!
i love the look of that house. Smile

i recall papa xc used to paint over wallpaper after coating it with primer, as long the wallpaper was in good shape.

Good luck & happy house living!
29 July 2005, 10:38 PM
lila997
Yay! I like it!
Lotsa counter space and many shade trees= very good Smile

Does the move shorten your work commute any?

And yes you can paint over wallpaper but not if you ever plan on removing it in the future. Ever.
30 July 2005, 01:18 AM
Brucy Braless
quote:
It's old, built in 1957

OUCH !!Hay!!!! smash
Thats IS NOT OLD!!!
Im Older than that !!!!
Every place Ive lived in except my parents house was put up before 1920...
this one WAY before...

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?
30 July 2005, 09:58 AM
lila997
My house was built in 1948 and considering what I have seen from some more recent construction around here all I can say is "they don't make 'em like the used to!" .
I love my high ceilings, crown moulding and thick walls (almost enough for me to overlook the miniature bathroom! Wink ). Gives it character.
30 July 2005, 01:17 PM
Chiana
Nice! Beautiful trees! Love the kitchen! Congratulations!
01 August 2005, 03:30 AM
Brucy Braless
Where are my manners !

Good luck with your new place!!! Smile

It looks great !!!
01 August 2005, 06:49 AM
KSena
Very nice looking place! I am sure you'll enjoy that house. Looks cozy. Smile And I'd suggest you'd take of the wallpapers before doing the paint-job. It will probebly be more work, but in the long run, it will look much better. Smile

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...
01 August 2005, 09:05 AM
PsychoJunkie13
Best to remove the wallpaper first, when the house is still empty of stuff. You REALLY REALLY don't want to be removing it later in the day when you are living there and wanted to redecorate.

We've just moved up north and bought somewhere as well, so I feel your pain! I spent the weekend stripping the bathroom, which had wood panelling fitted over two layers of tiles. Hard work, but it's added about an inch all round to the room, which is important in our tiny bathroom!

----------
"Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you" -- despair.com
01 August 2005, 09:38 AM
Shawn
I'm sorry Brucy, you aren't that old Wink

and lila, remember how my apartment was right behind my office? Well this house is just on the other side of the interstate. I can almost see my house from my office window. I'm going from a 1 hour each way commute, to 5 mins!

Thanks for the good links Heitie I've bookmarked them.

Congrats to PJ on not only her graduation, but home ownership and love! Here's to you!

And yeah, I think it may come down before I paint.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>