Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Experiments in Yoghurt

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Experiments in Yoghurt
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
The yoghurt production is well under way.

The first batch didn't turn out too well - only two of the tubs of out of five solidified.

The second batch was better with all five tubs forming nicely. I think I mixed the starter in better and let it incubate a touch longer.

As per your suggestions, I have been experimenting with flavours.

Heitie suggested spooning plain yoghurt over fruit. I did this with mandarin and it tastes wonderful. A keeper.

Xexy went for peaches and Ame said mango, so I put tinned peaches and mango puree in one tub. Awesome effect. Two thumbs up.

I won't by trying lime because lime and milk products don't work for my taste buds. Same goes for green tea, unless it's in some kind of fruit infusion, which sounds way too complicated. Come to that, Strawberry Daquiri sounds kind of fussy, too.

I plan to try Kiwi Strawberry and Mocha next. I'm assuming Mocha is just coffee/chocolcate flavour?

Anyway, I'm enjoying myself, so thanks for the suggestions. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Yes, coffee + chocolate = mocha. Yummmmmm...

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
posted Hide Post
Hehe! Glad things are working out. Now I want peach-mango yogurt!

Posts: 281 | Location: the recesses of Hell | Registered: 08 November 2004Report This Post