Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    The Wit and Wisdom of Your Fellow Scrollers

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Wit and Wisdom of Your Fellow Scrollers
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted
You know what I've found out while hanging out here over the years? Some of my fellow Scrollers are smart. They are wise and sometimes even witty.

So cast your mind back to your conversations with other Scrollers. It can be something they said on the Scroll, something they said in a PM or in chat, or something they told you in person.

Post as often as you like as things occur to you.

First one that comes to mind for me is from eyezoom

"Hindsight isn't always 20/20, is it?"

Next?

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
<<<this post has not been peer reviewed for offensive content...read atcher own risk>>> Big Grin

Lemme See....

"Your're Wrong,Brucy!"

Said by Ulrich, Ame, Alan, Linxi,....Most on multiple ocassions....during most any serious discussion. joxer

this had to be pointed out to me by Shawn (I think it was} much later.

The funniest part was I never noticed.

Also Linxi was wise beyond her 14 years.
I cant think of an example rite now ...
But during motokis 'War' on her she deleted everything she wrote.
Leaving him to look like the 'Shriekin Queen' I feel he was & instead of toning it down he ranted on with more shrillness thahn ever about how 'unfair' it was that she out-smarted him & made him look the fool. Roll Eyes

It was pricelss....
Proably the most un-intentionally Hilarious moment in scrollin history.Ok you had to see it from my perspective.

Oh yeah... MaxQ drivin the sissy 'Joxerfan' outta here after his 'War' on Linxi.
I think it took 1 post with the deadly precision of a Cruise Missile.

See you all are lucky you only have a 1/2 baked brain like mine to contend with around here....
Smile

Linxi was like Julius Caesar....

<<<this post has not been reviewed for offensive content...read atcher own risk>>>

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
wow. i said that?

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eyezoom:
wow. i said that?

Yup.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
my memory ain't what it used to be (no comments, please) but i must say i got a helluva smile out of Shawn's recent "you're not beating that dead horse, you're trying to saddle the dang thing..." remark in some ridiculous debate or other. gee...i can't imagine why it seems pertinent now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zoom,

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
posted Hide Post
goes to show there isn't much wit and wisdom to us scrollers eh?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I loved this exchange between xc and Chiana in the "I hate it when" thread...Chiana was on a roll man, much wisdom here.Smile

quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
i hate it when they look and act as if being seen with the xc will cause their friends & relatives to make them an outcast, cause them to give birth to weird lookin freaks just cuz they were seen with xc and will cause them to be run outta town by a mob with tar, feathers & pitchforks for daring to drag the xc out in public.

(CHIANA):I hate it when people can't think for themselves!

quote:
i hate it when said women make me feel like a piece of shit of wanting to treat them good and hate me- i don't exaggerate there- for being nice to them.

(chiana)I hate it when people are stupid.

quote:
i hate it when i don't get what- besides my ugly appearance- brings forth such hatred.

(chiana)I hate it when people can't accept love from another because they don't love and accept themselves.

quote:
i hate it when i have to admit i could suffer the rejections more easily if there was even one sincere acceptance once and awhile.

i hate it when these events prove me right when i call myself a loser.

(chiana)I hate it when the secret is, the Universe is asking you to accept yourself first, and to love yourself first, so that you aren't doing it through somebody else.

I hate it when it sounds easier said than done but it is only as difficult as putting up with your current circumstances.

quote:
i hate it when ok, ppl say forget about 'em, i must go for the wrong women, but i don't, only rarely, and still i have no explanation on why i lose 99.9% of the time.

(chiana)I hate it when, quit believeing the hype dude, you don't have to be friggin Brad Pitt to be worthy of love and acceptance. But you believe that you are unworthy and so the Universe rejects you as you reject yourself. It's just giving you the opportunity to step up. Give yourself that which you think you require from others. How would you feel if you had a girl that accepted you and loved you? How would you treat yourself, how would you treat others, how would you walk, how would you speak? Connect with that. The secret to going from wanting to having is to eliminate needing. That is the energy that's blocking it. Expectation and need will knock it right out of your hand.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Free Madness,

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
And of course, this gem by Foamy the Squirrel(see link in Xenafairy's thread in fight clubBig Grin):

"there are more important things than showing the same footage of a car floating down what used to be a street. Get out there...and HELP."

"I find it f**king sad, that a cartoon squirrel cares more about the state of these humans than the actual people reporting it."

Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
...I would never begrudge my fellow American her right to have an uninformed opinion...
--Smirk Morgan

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?