Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Happy New Year!

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Happy New Year!
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted
Anybody go out and live it up for the the new year? I myself stayed in. Nice and quiet. I scrapbooked and Rachel read. We didn't even turn Dick on. Besides it was raining too. You couldn't have paid me to go out where stupid druck people were wondering around on wet pavement.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Nah, i lived it down at the xc abode. Earlier, mama xc & i watched "Twice Told Tales" on dvd, a triple story film starring Vincent Price. Later, back at the xc cave, i watched "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" on dvd and it was dumber than i am (and that's pertty dumb). Then i listened to music, cop sirens on the highway and the cat who owns me telling me to pet her and feed her. i was gonna bury some neighbors in the backyard but decided to post my music faves thread on the scrolls and try to figure out what a gabris is (never did figure that out but as alwasys, thinkin bout gabris put me to sleep pertty quick).

Hope '07 is a good year as '06 sucked.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
South Park marathon, 12 grapes and sparkling cider at midnight with Keri.

I refused to let her turn on carson daly. Ugh.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
le made it to about 11:30...i stayd up watching Eddie Izzard.

today i burned the stick pile and a box of 1997 bank statements. breaking up wood and turning it into fire it is good medicine....

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I made black-eyed peas and rice today. It was my first time. I need all the luck I can get this year. They came out pretty good. They still needed something.

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Well Being a recovered Alcholic sometimes its a holiday I do best by ignoring...

At this time Im in a aimless falling,world is shrinking.....Facing my mortality kind of phase/mood...

Being around alcohol during a time of inner weakness is not so good.I have endured 51 previous New Years's The whoile thing not a big deal anymore....
Its always anti-climactic unless youre in a pleasant altered state.Nothing really changes from one second to the next there unless youre a character in a novel or something ,does it..??

Oh I went out to see Bobby with my mom & bro ..Val was doing something....{more interesting,I hope}Then I sat home om the net the rest of the nite with the TV on....

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Dinner with friends then a house party. I get weird about being on the road on New Years Eve- not because of my driving but because of the crazy drunk people driving around out there- so once I get somewhere I tend to stay put.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Went to a friend's house for a party.

Had a barbie, drank beer and then enjoyed champagne with a fresh strawberry in it at midnight.

They also had a chocolate fondue pot going and we took marshmallows and cherries to dip in that.

The next day we got up and watched the New York NYE around lunch time and then just slept and watched DVDs the rest of the day.

Happy 2007 yooze!

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XenaFairy3:
I made black-eyed peas and rice today.... They still needed something.

B-A-C-O-N Wink

I was camping with family and friends. Well, I was camping, everyone else spent their nights in ridiculously extravagant RVs.

I hung with with the gang until about 10:30 then headed in, cranked up my trusty Grundig radio, lit the Coleman lantern, layed down on the sliver of a camp cot my dog allowed me and read until midnight.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
quote:
B-A-C-O-N

I did but I only put a 1/2 lb when the recipe called for a whole pound. I still don't think it would have been salty enough. Rachel usually likes bland but even she said it was too bland. I'm going to play around with it. Maybe a half a pound of beans at a time though.

My Space