Scrolls
NX aka Neophyte Xenite

This topic can be found at:
https://bingoze.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/526601791/m/6707006083

19 November 2015, 08:22 PM
Xena
NX aka Neophyte Xenite
I just found out that Carole (who first posted as Neophyte Xenite and then just as NX)passed away earlier today. I don't know the cause, just that she's gone.

Looking through the archives it's been a good ten years since she posted here, but for several years she was an active member of the Scroller Community. I remember late night chats with her talking about Xena, then talking about her love of dogs and cats. It was beautiful to see her come out of her shell as she spent more time with us.

If I ever posted pictures of my cats or dogs on Facebook or Instagram she was almost always one of the first to like them. She was active in New York City animal rescue in recent years. I'm not sure I really buy into heaven or an afterlife, but if there is one, I hope she's throwing tennis balls for dogs with one hand and teasing cats with string with the other.
19 November 2015, 09:06 PM
Amethyst
Sad Frown

Makes me wonder about other scrollers we have long lost contact with.

I know i just found out today herculena has fb, just sent her a friend request.

I wonder what happened to people like axel and ulrich, minion of callisto (all the kraut boys) or maybe lil tiki or sara maybe even alan and his chicken ranch....lol

19 November 2015, 09:30 PM
xenacrazed
i remember NX though i don't remember much about her. Sorry to hear she's passed.

li'l tiki? ya gotta ask Kate about her. She's posted about her recently.
22 November 2015, 09:06 PM
Free Madness
Sorry to hear about NX. I think I remember her and remember she was very nice.

Tiki and I had an unfortunate falling out so I haven't talked to her in several months. I'll spare the details as it's not appropriate for this post. But I wish her well in her personal journey and happiness, always.

I think on Sara from time to time, and fondly remember our talks on MSN messenger, our long emails when we first became friends and her visit to Philadelphia in 2004 when I introduced her to her first cheesesteak. Smile

I remember Herculena was really cool. Maybe I'll look her up on FB myself, even if I don't use my account there much.

I fondly remember Heitie, Maddie(Madogis), Keri(Gabber), Nora and many more.

I wish NX blessings and light as she continues her journey in the Next Level. I do believe in life after death, although I'm not one for organized religion. Wink But I'm sure her spirit is watching over those she loved dearly and those who remember her well. Battle on, NX, and everyone else here on Earth and beyond! <3

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

24 November 2015, 08:41 PM
Amethyst
a lot of those you mentioned have fb...

this is me
https://www.facebook.com/michelle.williams.1973

but i have herculena (as of like 3 days ago) lol

nora, wildwind, salem, madogis, albi, eyezoom, tam, lila997, stephen L sears (xena writer, he does the funniest posts), donna, robyn, relik, and her friend whos username i forget, i used to have corxena and linxi but i deleted them lol

25 November 2015, 05:43 PM
xenacrazed
quote:
Originally posted by Amethyst:
a lot of those you mentioned have fb...

this is me
https://www.facebook.com/michelle.williams.1973

but i have herculena (as of like 3 days ago) lol

nora, wildwind, salem, madogis, albi, eyezoom, tam, lila997, stephen L sears (xena writer, he does the funniest posts), donna, robyn, relik, and her friend whos username i forget, i used to have corxena and linxi but i deleted them lol

All you need is scrolls.
27 February 2016, 01:34 PM
Argeaux
I am Al Bi on Facebook.

I visited NX when I was in New York, once. It was a bit weird because she had a new potential girlfriend with her who said that we weren't allowed to talk about Xena.

I have had a holiday in the States for a month for the past three years. In my time I've visited a few Scrollers.

I saw Sara a couple of years ago when I went to Seattle. She's doing very well there.

I also caught up with lila997 and Quarterback when I was in Rhode Island a couple of years back.

I see Nora, whose Scroll name I have forgotten, every time I am in Dallas.

I used to see Shawn when I visited Austin but we aren't in contact any more.

I went to Philly and had a couple of cheese steaks. Bloody good stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~

01 March 2016, 10:40 AM
Free Madness
quote:
Originally posted by Argeaux:

I went to Philly and had a couple of cheese steaks. Bloody good stuff.

You got that right, lol! Big Grin I am glad to hear others are doing well. I remember when Sara visited me here in Philly and she enjoyed her first cheesesteak too. We went to Jim's steaks on South Street--that had always been my favorite. Smile

Next time you're in Philly, look me up! I'm just "Kate Quinn" on Facebook. Sadly there are alot of "Kate Quinns," but my icon has a professional head shot of me, with short black hair, blue eyes and a black top. I'm wearing a silver necklace. Anyway, my hair is longer now, so I need to change that icon...one day I will.

Enjoy your holiday! Maybe we can hang out in NYC again sometime. Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

06 April 2017, 03:52 PM
Argeaux
I doubt I'll ever be back in Philly. It was a one time thing.

I really, really hate New York.

The only reason I would go back there is to see a good friend of mine, but I can't see that happening for years and years.

I am planning to go to Austin later this year, hopefully with a pop in to see Nora in Dallas.

We thought we'd also spend a bit of time in Memphis.

~~~~~~~~~~

13 October 2017, 10:41 PM
Free Madness
Never been to Memphis or Austin, never had much money to travel throughout life. Hopefully that'll change cuz I really wanna go to California sometime before I go up in smoke. Razz

I don't like New York either to be honest. I think I outgrew it. I did go there alone for my 50th bday but it was just crowded and overwhelming. The older I get, the more space I like. My sister used to say I should have been born a country gal. She's prolly right lol.

Maybe I'll take myself camping in the Poconos sometime. Always loved that place. Smile

Dunno if you got to Dallas or anyplace else you mentioned, but say hi to Nora and any other scrollers you see. Peace! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

20 October 2017, 03:12 PM
Gabber
Wow...has it been that long since I've logged on here? I am so sorry to hear about NX. It's sad when I come on here and hear about Scrollers that have past - in a way, it feels like we should be around for forever.

Nora made it out of Oklahoma City and into Dallas? Will wonders never cease. Smile

I personally am no longer in L.A. I've been living in Kentucky for the past 4 years. Both my mom and dad passed and I met someone who lived here, so a fresh start seemed appropriate. Sometimes it's crazy to realize that I've been here for 4 years. At times, I miss California but I mainly miss my family (especially my 2 nieces and nephew).

Otherwise, I made it back into the HR world. Worked at a chemical weapon demil plant for a year and a half and for the past year have been a recruiter for the same company. The major plus to the recruiter path is that I now get to work from home. Smile

How's everyone else doing?

Gabber (aka Keri)
12 January 2018, 04:54 PM
Free Madness
Hey Keri! Wow girl, where was I when you posted this??? Prolly in la la land, I haven't always come here much but lately things are better than before.

It's GREAT to hear you're doing well! Sounds like some big and great changes happened for you, and I'm happy to hear that. Smile

If you stop over again, check out my posts in What if and other threads...yep, change is good. Big Grin Things are nice, really intriguing!

I'm doing more movie stuff these days, writing music and acting in short horror films. Local films for now, but who knows what'll happen in the future. Big Grin

I am hoping 2018 is amazing for all, and keeps on being epic for me. Blessings to you, Keri and all who might be lurking. Maybe there'll be a Xena con somewhere and I'll get to go and we'll all bump into each other. Wouldn't that be a riot!

Catch you on the flip side. Smile

~KATE(WP9 and many other names. Big Grin )

~~Johnny Depp.