Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Hysterectomy tomorrow

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Hysterectomy tomorrow
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted
just a quick note that i am going to hospital tomorrow, so all you lurkers, send me good vibes and karma etc

i'll post when i am home, which should be about a week

argy i'll try and remember to email you that pic tonight too Big Grin

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Shelley, I'll definitely be thinking of you, sending good vibes and prayers your way. I hope the surgery goes well! Smile

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Best o' luck, Ame! As for good vibes, should i sing ya a few verses of "Good Vibrations"?

uh best not, that only keep ya in the hospital longer!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Ah nuts, I've been away from my comp for a week.

Missed out on wishing you well.

Hope it went OK. I'll see you soon.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
ok, i am home.

several complications, which i will explain, some bits are gross, so if you have a week stomach, don't read on..lol

well, my 3-4 day visit turned into a week.

my 2.5 hour surgery turned into 6 hours.

from the 5.4 (or so) litres of blood you have in your body, i lost 3.8.

because my uterus was the size of a women 20 weeks pregnant, cause it was full of cysts and fibroids and stuff, it had squishied up all my other bits, and alot of it had fused together. and they spent ages making sure i could keep important things, like my bowels :P

my endometriotis was x 4 wrse than they expected, so i loset everything but my right ovary..

why keep that you ask?, if you keep at least one ovary if not both, you don't have to take hormones, until mother nature expects you to.

i spent 3 days in ICU, and then the rest in a normal surgical ward.

ICU was good, i had this button i could press that would self administer morphine Big Grin. but you couldn't press it anymore than once every 5 mins..lol so you couldn't OD. and they took it away afterthey told me i wasn't using it as much as they expected, so threfore mustn't have needed it Big Grin

but i'm home now, sitting on my ass doing nothing for several weeks

wonder how long it will take to get bored out of my brain..

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to hear you're home, and that you're recovering well. Morphine addiction is highly over rated, so I'm glad you took it easy with that stuff.

Battle On. Courage can change the world.

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Imagine my mouth hanging open through a bit of the more graphic parts of the story and you've got a pretty accurate idea of my reaction. Wink

Really though, I'm glad that you are safe and home...especially the loss of blood and the intertwined body parts sound particularly scary. So I'm glad you made it out okay. Not being doped up is a plus too, of course. Wink

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
as shawn said.... grossing me out btw

no more riding the cotton horse

LMAO

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
You want me to come and visit you one day for a bit of company?

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
I hope you're doing ok! If you get bored, just imagine yourself on a sunny beach with a nice shiny cabana boy. That always makes my day more interesting ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post