Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Favorite Holiday Shows

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Favorite Holiday Shows
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted
What were some of yours? What do you look back on fondly?

Here's my list, in order of preference

1. Santa Claus is comin to Town.(I watched that recently...i just love that song Jessica(the future Mrs. Claus of course) sings, called "my world is beginning today...the scenery in that is just stellar!)

2.The Year Without a Santa Claus(Heat Miser and Snow Miser are the shit.Big Grin)

3.A Charlie Brown Christmas.(Never get tired of that one)

4. Rudolph the red nosed reindeer

4. Little Drummer Boy

5. Nestor the long eared donkey(sad but goodSmile)

There's more but that's a long enough list for now lol.Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Mine three favorite would have to be:
1.) A Christmas Story

Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian. - Uh, I think that says FRAGILE, dear.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics, my father was an Oldsmobile man.

2.) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Every time Catherine would turn on the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour.

The most enjoying traditions of the season are best enjoyed in the warm embrace of kith and kin. Thith tree is a thymbol of the thpirit of the Griswold family Chrithmath.

3.) While You Were Sleeping

These potatoes are so creamy. Mary mashed them.

$38 for a Christmas tree and they don't deliver? You order $10 worth of chow mein from Mr. Wong they bring it to your door.

Cuz it looks like he's... leaning.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
1. Garfield Christmas Special- I love the part where Garfield is sitting in Grandma's lap. So sweet.

2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas- Yes I still tear up when his heart grows three sizes. I'm a sucker.

3. Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol- My dad intoduced me to this one. I love the music in it. I would recommend it to anyone.

4. Charlie Brown- I LOVE LUCY!!

5. A Muppet Christmas Carol- A more recent favorite. Definately a classic

Two years ago White Christmas would have been at the top of the list but just recently I have really gotten tired of it. Not sure why. The sparkle is gone. Maybe it will be back next year.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
i'm not much into xmas movies..
but i triple dog dare someone to show me their black underwearz Wink

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
I like the old classic animated ones-like Rudolph and of course Miracle on 34th Street!

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas- Yes I still tear up when his heart grows three sizes. I'm a sucker.

You, me and my husband, xf3.Smile We watched the MOVIE last night, not the show, we managed to miss the show this year but maybe i'll order the DVD. It's really a good movie, showing the history of how the Grinch got to hate christmas...cuz he's different from the rest and all that...killer. Jim Carrey rocks.Smile And Cindi Lou is really cool...i love that song she sings, "Where are you, Christmas?" Brilliant.

I think I forgot to mention Frosty too...can't forget him, and when Santa says he was made of Christmas Snow...good times.Smile

LOL shawn, I love Christmas Story too..."OH FUUUUUDGE" But I didn't say fudge!" Oops. Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted Hide Post
My favorites are...

Rudolph (but not the new computer animated one, yuck)

Frosty

Grinch (he's my hero)

In the Nick of Time. (has anyone else seen this one?) I love it, and am sad because I cannot find it on DVD

Another all time favorite in my house is Christmas Carol. We love all versions, and there are soooo many. (My dad's hero is Scrooge, like mine is the Grinch We're both sad when they go soft in the end)

Not neccessaraly my fav, but a "classic" none the less. Drummer boy. Did you know that there are two drummer boy movies? I had no clue until this year. WE used to watch them both, as one movie, in school when I was a kid. I always thought it was just one long movie. Until this year when I bought the VHS and watched it. I was amazed when the movie stopped at Aaron meeting Baby Jesus.

My NEW favorite is Family Stone. If you haven't seen it yet, it is wonderful. I lvoe it.

That's all for now.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Two, I give... That are not mentioned, and I guess only aired in Sweden.

Donald Duck Christmas Special - Always aried on Christmas Eve in Sweden at 3.00pm every year... After that, it is time to open up all the gifts.

Kan du vissla Johanna? - A swedish adoreble little kid movie about life with or without a grandpa during the 50s.

Karl-Bertil Johnssons Julafton - Also swedish. A little cartoon made by the most popular comedians in Sweden. Soooo cute. And shows just what christmas is all about.

The Chroniclas of Narnia - No, not the new movie, but the BBC version they did long ago, during the 80s I believe. They have a tradition to rerun these during christmas in Sweden. I sooooo love them.

Well, that is it. I never miss any of these during christmas. Candy and a blanket in front of the TV, and I am all good. Smile

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Bad(der) Santa yay! i also like the Xena solstice ep.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rudolph (but not the new computer animated one, yuck)

Do you mean "Rudolph and the Island of Misfit Toys?"Razz I'm gonna blithely assume you are unless you tell me different lol.Big Grin

I see what you mean about the animation...i'm like, why'd they change them? They were so perfect as they were!

Also I got confused cuz...I thought all those misfit toys went with santa the first time?? Well I guess he didn't get all of them so he planned to go back next year lol. Hmmm....

I liked the story tho, and the fact that their voices sounded the same as in the first one...terrible when the Bumble was left behind on the island!Frown Poor guy, all dressed like a pink bunny and no place to go.Razz

Camilla was cool tho.Big Grin

I NEED to see that xena solstice ep.

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted Hide Post
I guess that's the one I'm talking about, not really sure of the actual name to tell you the truth. I oculdn't even make it through the whole thing. I did like that the voices were so close, and I liked that they used the old characters, they were great characters. I just thought th estory and songs (mostly the songs) were really cheezy.

Just my opinion

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I guess the songs were cheesy, I don't even remember them lol.RazzBig Grin Altho if I remember right, Camilla's song was pretty good.

Still, bring back Rankin/Bass, man!smashBig Grin

~~Johnny Depp.