Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    When did the Scrolls become your home?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
When did the Scrolls become your home?
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
Some people fell in love instantly with the Scrolls.

For others, it took years before they felt comfortable here.

How long did it take you? What was the moment that caused you to think of this place as your online home?

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Not a moment. But a couple of people that really made me feel right at home. CorXena, Prof X and Sailormars. Only Prof X that are still here. I am not sure how long I have been a scroller now... Lost track of time, really... How long has the scrolls even existed??? Confused

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Back in 2000 I was still taking college classes in Houston. This was the same time that I met Rachel. I remember finding this really cool message board where everyone was discussing the one thing that I was already obsessing over...XENA! Everyone was so friendly and some not so much but I learned who and who not to stay away from if I didn't want a confrontation. Wink But best of all I made friends and connected with people that thought like me (mostlySmile). I hadn't done that in a long time. I just remember making time to go to the computer lab and checking for new posts and putting in my own. The discovery that I could make sig pics and rotate them was such a BIG DEAL. There a couple of scrollers that I miss greatly. Wildy and CorXy are two. I unfortunately had to leave for a great while but fortunately I made it back home safe and sound.Smile It was always the only real reason I wanted the internet back. Big Grin

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I guess I liked this place from the moment I found it.
It wasnt as advanced a board as this ...
but it still has the same look & colors as best I can remember.
I think Tom had some sort of MB before the beginning of the April 98(?) Poteiedaia Scrolls @ Xenafan. Tho I have never met,seen or typed with anyone who claimed to have used it.

This is the ONLY message board I am amember of & 99.999% of my total MB use has been at the various versions of the scrolls ...

Before the bunch that splintered left I was so digusted with what they had turned my beloved scrolls into that I began to search out a new board....
Other shows etc...
The only one I went more than 2 or 3x was, bizarrely enough, an Illuminti board at a (name escapes me) mesage board sponsoring website.I had little in common{OK nothing Big Grin} with them.It died due to lack of members.

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i guess it was right around the time we went to the seperate forums format. i must've felt comfortable enough to volunteer to be the Subtext guardian. around that same time i posted my fanfic, too. April 2000.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I think i was at home from the start when tiki first brought me there...and then i met sara and keri and then argeaux and ares in real life, and sailormars, and corxy and jubs and salem...we'd all talk in chat rooms with ame and zoom and the rest back when i had aol. Those were some fun times.Smile

I did end up leaving when all the wars were happening, but when argy invited me back to the new scrolls it's pretty much been a permanent fixture in my life.Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Joined sometime in summer '98 but it wasn't til i started "talking" with Sailor Xena on the chat scrolls (mid '99?) that Ame created that i felt this was home. It was the only online way to chat with SX as i still had webtv then. This was pre gabris fam, i think. Then again, the only thing that's pre-gabris or pre-Danae are the dinosaurs heehee. yeah i kid 'em but i miss 'em.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
It was fairly soon after I found it in Spring of '98. I remember I just posted in a thread (never did introduce myself--everyone else was new too) after a day or so and have made myself at home ever since. I think Argy thought about calling an exterminator to rid the scroll of me, but he ran away screaming when Brucy and I waved and smiled at him.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Thats right you me & Hercky have been around forever ...... Smile

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
Everyone has made me feel at home here. But the first people I remeber were moonie,lila,argy and xenafairy.

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I think you meant Ulrich or some such foreigner Nora... since Argy ain't male..LOL

I too felt right at home straight away, not long after Nora started too, if i remember correctly... i think it was april 98? maybe may??

I can not get online without checking the scrolls, even these days... i mightn't post as much as i used to, due to my comp, and my laziness of reformatting. But i do visit every time i am online Big Grin just to look at the new posts.

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I think I was frightened away initially Smile

It was June 2000 and I joined and did a post, but then I never came back. It wasn't until I met Nouchy in the Yahoo Xena chat room a few months later and we got to talking about message boards, so we both came here and posted.

I stuck around because we were both new so there was safety in numbers and I could hide behind Nouchy if need be Big Grin

Then Ame saw I was from the Central Coast and pounced, and the rest, they say, is 'istory Wink

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
I don't remember exactly when I joined. I'm wanting to say around 2000 or 2001. But I loved it from day one that I came here. This is the only board I am a member of and visit daily and go into withdrawal when I go on vacation cause I can't see the scrolls! WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I do have to give props to Tom's Xena Page. If I hadn't gone there I would have never gotten here.

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
same here...props to Tom indeed.

and to Argy who's kept 'em alive!

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I've got enough props, thank you very much.

And no, you're still not allowed to touch 'em. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
i'm bad with dates.. off and on since '97-'98
chatting with ulrich, funk, ripley and sharona

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
I was drawn in pretty much from the first time I posted (sometime early 1999). I became friends with Pandy and AP.

Then the scroller AIM chats started and I got to know Ame, Nora, Salem, Argy, Zoom, Sara, Keri and gods, I could go on forever, there are countless others. That was probably when I most felt like the scrolls were my home.

Even though I'm not around much anymore, I still love to come here and remember all of the great times I have had with scrollers and I'm always glad to hear what's going on in people's lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
We miss ya too jubs Big Grin

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Early 1999 via Tom's Page. Lots of regulars, no forums- it was intimidating but amusing. Mostly I lurked and answered surveys. By that summer I was posting more regularly and doing a regular weekly 'rate the episode' thread. By year's end Ame had taught me how to ICQ and I was well on my way to an early 2000 in-person meeting with 3 scrollers. By then it was definitely home.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
Wow!

first of all i wanna say that i miss this place and all the pple.
okay,so that doesnt sound sincere coz i havent been around.
right. i havent. but that doesnt change the fact that the Scrolls were my first ever "online-Xena-home"!

im not sure when i joined. i just know it must have been early 1999.

after a short time the pple really became like a family and i met some of them which was really amazing and i'll never forget it!

ive gone thru a lot since then and ive changed and have learned so many things.
and i know that the pple here have contributed a great deal...i wouldnt be here today if not for them.

*sigh* it's really sad that i dont come here anymore. *bangs head against table*

im not sure what's happened. i dont even remember when i stopped coming here.
i think it was when this version of the board came along, but i dont remember why i "left.

silly me.

*sigh*

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Oh, CorXy....it's alright....we still love you!

My Space

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Okay, best I can figure I was lurking not long after Tom created the board BUT I didn't post until 1998. I really wish my memory was better. I do remember being floored that there were others who saw what I saw and I've never really been to any other boards.

Sorry Jubs, this is Shawn. Meant to say welcome back in the other thread but got caught up in the groupee sign-in thingy.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
Haha, it's cool Shawn. Nice to figure out who ya are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Hey, CorXena! Nice seeing you here! You are, after all, one of the reasons this turned out to be home for me. Don't be a stranger, 'K? Wink

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post