Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    My Mardi Gras

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
My Mardi Gras
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
Here's a brief rundown of my night.

First up - the costume. I went with black leather shoes (Docs), pin stripe pants, a white chain, a white shirt with the sleeves cut off and rolled up high and I sprayed random dreads black (I've also got some silver sorta bead things in them, at the moment).

Actually, my shirt started off white but, by the time I had sprayed my dreads, it has black splatters on it. I deliberately sprayed more splatters all over it, so it has a nice speckled effect.

On my way to meet my friend three Americans stopped me and asked for directions. As I was telling them how to get to Wolloomolloo one of them took it open himself to grab my left breast. So I told him, "No one grabs my chest without my permission" and slapped him across the face. A more stunned expression I have never seen.

After I met my friend and picked up a couple of other people she knew, we headed to a house nearby for the most dismal houseparty I've ever been to.

Apparently the person who owned the house was the "fuddy" of a much older woman at the party. Except that she wanted to be much much more than just a fuddy. And she was wasted and cold and looked gray and pale.

So we sat on the couch drinking tequilla and beers and then tried to dance to some salsa music, while the drama played itself out around us. Bad vibe.

After a little while of this someone decided they wanted to go and party at a night club called Flinders. On Flinders Street. Go figure.

So we said our goodbyes and set off. As we were walking we passed a group of people and shouted out "Happy Mardi Gras!" Who should turn around at shout it back at me but Casey Donovan! One foot away from me! My friend went up and got his picture taken with her. Just before the club we stashed our booze in a plastic bag in an alley, under an upturned milk crate. Like the deros we are.

The female bouncer at Flinders informed us that the place was full. We pointed out to her that some friends of ours had just gone in, and we could see heaps of space inside.

It wasn't until we started dancing on the street that she let us in. We danced to old school Madonna and Kylie and newer rave mixes for a couple of hours, downing vodka-based lolly water by the bottle.

I had found a cooler on the street outside. On it was written "Hold my beer while I kiss your woman". It kept my drinks cold in the club.

One of the best outfits of the night that I saw was a guy with extremely curly hair in pigtails, and a lovely long frock on. He came and danced with us for a while. There was also a woman with her hair in dreads sporting a school girl uniform.

Eventually, after making many new friends on the dance floor (as you do) we called Ares to come and pick us up, dropping my friend at her home on the way.

It was a good night, despite a few nasty spots. Can't wait until next year. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
no photos????

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Only crappy poorly lit camera photos. That's why I tried to be as descriptive as possible.

I was having too much of a good time. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Unless, of course, you enjoy a good, hard slapping.

~~~~~~~~~~

Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post