Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Thanksgiving Survey

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Thanksgiving Survey
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted
I'm all about these little survey posts here lately. So a new one for November. Those who are not here in the states and do not celebrate our misguided holidays can still play along.

Do you celebrate Thanksgiving?

Will you spend the day with family or friends?

What is you favorite dish?

What is your least favorite dish?

Do you have any strange customs?

Do you play any games?

Do you have any funny or unusual Thanksgiving tales?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? if eating too much counts as celebrating

Will you spend the day with family or friends? hopefully both, but no big family gathering this year.. my sister is flying in from england

What is you favorite dish? turkey 'n gravy.. with sweet potatoes a close second

What is your least favorite dish? we don't do yucky food.. (if you mean in general, i've seen pictures of green been casserole with those fried onion things)

Do you have any strange customs? do relatives sleeping on the floor after too much 'celebrating' count?

Do you play any games? hassenpfeffer/euchre

Do you have any funny or unusual Thanksgiving tales? just the usual pull my finger.. yeah i come from an enlightened family

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Yes

My Rachie

green bean casarole and there's this pearl onion dish that my step mom makes that's to die for that I might try this year

Sweet potatoes or yams....yuck!

Not really

Do you play any games?
No....we just start putting up the christmas decor after dinner that is if we haven't passed out

just that for the past two years my father "in law" has forgotten to take the turkey out of the freezer and tries to cook it frozen....yes I said two years in a row

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
yes

both,hopefully

turkey, mom's sweet potatoes

My family used to make onion soup as the soup du Thanksgiving when my grandparents were alive. Some weird family tradition thing. I never cared for it.

Snarky critique of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with fellow scroller Smirky, who I hope is not WORKING this year cause I'd miss it!

Do you play any games?
If I have anything to say about it there will be lots of board games

There was the year that the bag o' innards got accidentally left in and cooked into the bird. But that was a work story. Luckily my family has never done that. We stick with the usuals- too much alcohol and too loud football. Wink

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
posted Hide Post
Do you celebrate Thanksgiving?duh,free food? Hellloooo....Big Grin

Will you spend the day with family or friends?Both.But this year I'll be spending it with some retired old-ass rank at Ft. Huachuca, listening to old war stories and the "good ol' days when the Army was full of real men...." blahblahblah

What is your favorite dish?My grandma's cheese,broccoli and rice casserole.

What is your least favorite dish?My grandma's marshmellow salad. (yes the same grandmother above, ironic, eh?)

Do you have any strange customs?well I always end up in the bathroom with alcohol poisoning, but that's not strange, just a custom.;P

Do you play any games?Only with my family's heads. One year I bring a guy home, one year I bring a girl, one year I'll come alone...you know just to spice things up...hehe.

Do you have any funny or unusual Thanksgiving tales?Well there was the time my aunt forgot to cook the damned bird and so we played football with it frozen...hehehe....yeah, I said it. I got pictures...lol.

Posts: 281 | Location: the recesses of Hell | Registered: 08 November 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Yeah...

Family

Well LOST was on tonite soooo...
Id have to say Evangeline Lilly, rite now...

Turkey ... I HATE turkey

Not for thanksgiving...except being a buncha Aetheists we dont ever give thanks...

Do you play any games?
Yeah... Everybody except me just LOooovvvves Mah-Jongg

Oh no! NOT this time,thank you.....

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

Any day off work is worth celebrating.

mama xc & i have dinner and watch a movie, as long as the cat that owns me approves.

i dunno, paper plates are ok. Oh, turkey i guess.

The dishes that need washed.

Does killin' my neighbors' kids and stuffin' them with pumpkin pie count?

Do you play any games?

making shoes out of turkey leftovers

i have this unusal tail which wags wildly everytime i see a pertty girl.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
yep

Will you spend the day with family or friends? me, Mom and Dad

What is you favorite dish? My Mom's scalloped oysters.

What is your least favorite dish? Carrots

Do you have any strange customs? We used to do a football poll/betting thing, but haven't in a few years.

Do you play any games? no

The first year I was married, my folks came to our house for Thanksgiving. I offered, but my Dad always grills/smokes the turkey. Well, since there were four of us rather than three, he bought a HUGE turkey. Due to the size, he had to come over at 6am to put it on. After about 30 mins of prep work he carries this beautiful GIGANTIC bird to the grill and places it just so. He reaches for the lid, goes to set it down... but nope - there it sat, dangling on top of this poor bird, shy of closing by about 2 inches. Dad was not happy and he saw only one option. He brings the bird back inside, places it on the cutting board, pulls a chair up to the counter so he can get some height on it, makes as though he's about to do CPR and with a mighty heave crushes the poor fowl. Needless to say, the grill closed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post