Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Covid-19 lockdown

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Covid-19 lockdown
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
Are you in lockdown?

If so, what are you doing to deal with the separation blues?

Come and chat about how things are going, and let's see who has some excellent coping strategies.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I am in lockdown at the moment, and have been for two months, now.

I am missing my friends, but am playing video games with some of them, and catching up for a coffee with others over the phone.

Ares and I have been watching a lot of movies, and playing card games.

We have two small dogs to play with, which also helps to make life a bit more interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Hey Argy! Smile

No, no lockdown here. Did you or Ares test positive?

Where i work at the university, i had to get tested once a month from last November through April until i received my 2nd vaccine shot. Always negative.

None of the stores i go to on a regular basis closed for good. The mask mandate for my county was lifted in May but reinstated earlier this month until late September, unless they extend it.

i couldn't visit any relatives- all elderly - until after i got my 2nd shot- a year and a half without seeing any of them.

i did visit some friends. A couple of them were unconcerned about catching covid.

Next month i have an indoor concert to attend. Not sure how that'll go. Don't wanna be involved in a super-spreader but i'm craving live music.

Thank goodness i have my cat- Natalie Adele- (or rather, she has me) & my music.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Found out yesterday that my last surviving maternal aunt is in the hospital with covid.

She's on oxygen & was vaccinated but has kidney problems which made her susceptible to covid.

My cousin says she's doing okay, but can barely speak. Hopefully she'll recover & go home where my cousin will take care of her.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
xc I wish alla your family well.

Over winter restaurants & Bars were closed...
take out allowed outdoor dining in Buffalo is not
realy a thing til spring...

Its been fine since may/june when we have opened up completely..

[redacted]

When I see how backwards & stupid huge parts of America
is it makes me love New York..!

P.S. OOur Vax rate on;y exceeds Fla & Texas by 6% !!!!
SO personal responsibilty is also a factor..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Argeaux,

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
xenacrazed:
Found out yesterday that my last surviving maternal aunt is in the hospital with covid.

That's no good. I hope she's OK.

Ares got tested a couple of times but I never did.

I was fully vaccinated on 16 June.

When Covid first hit here we sort of all went into lockdown of our own accord. It didn't last long, and we were able to go and see musicals and concerts pretty soon after.

We are in a much stricter lockdown now. I'm missing friends a little bit, but at least there are two of us here.

I've been catching up with friends over the phone for coffee.

They say that you can still get Covid, and get sick, even if fully vaccinated.

Just not AS sick, and you won't die from it.

I've been careful in public - always wearing a proper mask,
washing my hands, and keeping my distance.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Thanks BrucE & Argy...

My aunt is doing better. She was fully vaccinated back in March and that saved her life now.

My cousin will stay with her at my aunt's house once she's released. She'll get home health coming in for rehab, getting her to walk better after being bedridden for a couple weeks.