Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Workin' hard for the money...

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Workin' hard for the money...
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guru
posted
In an effort to get to know some of you better I'd like to know what y'all do for a livin'!

Do you like your job?
How much do you get paid?
Do you think that that is enough?
Are you good at what you do?
Do your co-workers like you?

If you don't like your job, why?
What would you rather be doing?

And lastly:

What's the most embarrassing thing to happen to you on the job?

Posts: 281 | Location: the recesses of Hell | Registered: 08 November 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I'm no fan of surveys, but I hate my job more. Razz

Do you like your job? No

How much do you get paid? Not enough. About 28k a year

Do you think that that is enough? hell no

Are you good at what you do? hell yes

Do your co-workers like you? I know KC does, she's pretty much all that matters, everyone else can go to hell

If you don't like your job, why? Because I'm surrounded by people who have let greed cloud every decision they make. There's a lack of respect for me, not only as a person, but as a valued employee. And because I have a Nazi for a supervisor and a emotionally unavailable, conflict hating boss who refuses to do anything to make the horrific working conditions better. Plus, there's someone in the office next to me, who's gotten away with f'en bloody murder for years and only now is starting to get some kind of punishment for it. But it's mostly because working in this place will slowly suck your soul out of you.

What would you rather be doing? Being a reader for a publishing house, or a video game tester

And lastly:

What's the most embarrassing thing to happen to you on the job? Caught my boss without her shirt on. She still had her bra, but still. Kinda traumatic

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
posted Hide Post
What do you do, Sara?

Posts: 281 | Location: the recesses of Hell | Registered: 08 November 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I'm the Rental Property Coordinator for a private non profit organization.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Do you like your job?
- GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR#@^&%@&#!%#@! that'd be a big NO.

- Paid? i'm supposed to get money? *scratches head in confuddlement*

- Big corporation never give enough mullah to pitiful workers.

- not to brag, but yes, i think so, i does the best i can, though if one works with already faulty stuff one can only do one's best to use/fix it.

- i don't co-work with anyone. i tend to keep to myself & speak only to inanimate objects

- it's not what i wanna be doing by any stretch of the imagination.

- i wanna be an indie rock star or reclusive billionaire playboy or Jen Connelly's live-in love-boy-toy

And lastly:

- coulda been when i pressed the nuclear meltdown button instead of reactor shutdown button. Just kiddin'. i did fall asleep standing up last week or so but i was sickly & didn't know i'd taken a nite-time tablet but luckily no one was around...good thing my stinky socks sends everyone away.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I don't have a job. Unless you count the Scrolls. Yeah, that's it. I work for you Scrollers and shall answer this survey accordingly.

Do you like your job?

Yes.

Nothing. I pay to do my job.

Yeah. If I was paid to do the Scrolls it wouldn't be as much fun.

Some would say yes, some would say no. I would change some things I have done in the past but on the whole I think I've been largely responsible for keeping this place functioning during the tough times and the lean times. Plus I made some killer Xena icons. Go me!

Some would die for me, others would prefer to see me dead.

The only time I haven't liked it is when people have taken some of what I do for granted. The fact that I have encouraged collective decision in a lot of things has lead to some feeling that they have the right to decide each and every small direction the Scrolls should take. Also, some people don't seem to be aware that thought has been put into changing categories around to create movement, one reason why we still have new things to talk about eg. movies, music, games. However, these things are more than balanced by the appreciation most people have shown me for my work on the Scrolls.

I still enjoy doing the Scrolls but I'm spending a bit more time on the GameFAQs site these days.

Getting drunk and flirting with one of my co-workers on Instant Messenger. blush

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
Do you like your job? most days, yes
How much do you get paid? not much, but i own theplace...
Do you think that that is enough? not nearly
Are you good at what you do? most days, yes
Do your co-workers like you? they are not co-workers so much as minions...they live to serve me
If you don't like your job, why?people are wankers and good help is hard to find
What would you rather be doing?watching sports and writing about it
What's the most embarrassing thing to happen to you on the job? i fell down and pulled a cartload of bustubs full of dirty dishes, half-full glasses, and miscellaneous food waste down on top of myself 10 minutes into a busy shift

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Addict
posted Hide Post
Do you like your job? It's NOT a bad job at all... I just work too much and am kinda bitter.
How much do you get paid? 13.77perhour
Do you think that that is enough? NO WAY ! - I have the only position in the damn NightClub that doesn't get tipped.
Are you good at what you do?I used to be...back to the bitter thing, I just work too much to put my full attention and effort. My job gets done but I show up 2 - 3 hours late daily to prove a point
Do your co-workers like you?Yes. I don't see them often though. I work before club hours-ish. I see them all as they come in...

If you don't like your job, why?I'm sick of baby-ing my management team. They really can't do anything for themselves and it's irratating.
What would you rather be doing?Performing is my dream = However, I REALLY want to bartend right now... THAT would make me even more happy

And lastly:

What's the most embarrassing thing to happen to you on the job? Well, I wasn't on the job... but I was at my work drinking... and I was really wasted and I was dancing on the tables and my staff thought it was the funniest thing ever... OR later when I was stubbling around outside afterwards. I don't think I knew my name at that point... whew- that was a bad night

Posts: 128 | Location: Currently Las Vegas | Registered: 15 November 2005Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Do you like your job?
No Im sick & disabled..Id rather be healthy & back at any of Shitholes I worked in previously.

$10,000 this year ALOT less in the mid 90s

Its enough to survive its not enuff for a LIFE.
Are you good at what you do? Not Applicable

Imlike Gollum Idont have any friends...Nobody likes me.LOL

I'd MUCH rather be healthy.when its gets really bad Id rather be dead.NO, youre not gonna get THAT lucky tonite. Big Grin

I cant really recall.

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
posted Hide Post
Lol, you all sound like you're lovin things....heh heh. *dodges random items as her fellow scrollers vent*

XC kinda reminds me of Milton from Office Space....talking to inanimate objects and such...

"I believe you have my stapler..."

Tehe! It's also my dream to see ArtimisRed perform.Woohoo!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xexy Is BACK!:
XC kinda reminds me of Milton from Office Space....talking to inanimate objects and such...

"I believe you have my stapler..."

Is that the dude who burned the business down? With a li'l black magic, my inanimate work objects could be brought to life to defend me. Killer staplers! Driverless forklifts that obey my commands! Key hole punch things and paper shredders and matt knives gone bezerko, makin' the employee blood flow! Mobile copy machines that send my work foes to other dimensions full of evil creatures! Bwahahahahahahahahahahha!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
stay away from my KitchenAide...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
posted Hide Post
*chuckles* and all I've got here is comics to read, what a shame...lol.No killer staplers and such.*sigh*

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Do you like your job?
Some days.

Not enough. 8/hr

See question above.

Hell yes. But it's not rocket science to put a salad together.

I would like to think so. The people that I work with is the only reason that I've been there for three years. The servers seem happy and relieved to see me walk in.

The management has no clue how to run a business because the company is still new and the owner couldn't hire competent superiors if his life depended on it. In the last three years we've had four general managers. This current one is actually doing double duty as the executive chef which is what he was originally here for. He knows his stuff though.

Something in art or scrapbooking and making decent money at it.

And lastly:

I was in the small walk-in cooler and as I was walking out I hit a gallon container of ranch with my hip. It went hurtling to the ground and all over the floor and walls. That was a super sweet day.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post