Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Any scrollers from days of yore left?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Any scrollers from days of yore left?
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
As i live & breathe who has returned but Moc!?!! Good to see ya again, old friend.

Glad to hear yer ok & survived the Aughties.

Ya know, i sometimes see Xena merchandise too. Usually it's at county flea markets. Filled with big 'ol farmers in their overalls & their wives whose hairs all piled high pentecostal style or sumtin. There'll be Xena action figures n Xena swords stuck among the John Deere collectibles, the John Denver 8-track tapes & those tacky mirror ball thingies ppl clutter their front yards with. When i see the Xena stuff, it makes me wanna holler "i am xenacrazed god of surveys i've come fer yer dancin nekked daughters yee-haw!". But i suppress that as there's too many farmers leaning on pitchforks & i don't wanna be pitchforked to no flea market shack.

heck yeah, forget the cards & lets burn some village...but i got first dibs on the best lookin honey in the village to add to my harem of xc wives. Smile

anyways MoC, don't be gone too long this time. i can't keep the scrolls alive by myself!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
You know, there were those moments that made me smirk in... hm... reverie. Me standing at the foot of the huge imposing pyramids thinking for a moment: "Just like Xena, hell, yeah!" Or when passing through Morocco I was totally tempted to detour via Mogador. Not that I expected to meet Gurkhan, but...

And interestingly sales of the DVDs of XWP might have profited some with the (moderate success) of Tapert's/Raimi's last ventures. Even though "Legend of the Seeker" seems to be gone for good now and "Spartacus" is more of a niche product. But still, with not much else noteworthy in the fantasy genre being on TV these days... Frown

Oh, and I kinda had a hearty laugh when I discovered that of 2010 finally Germany has all XWP seasons released on DVD. Took their sweet ole' time, Universal. Roll Eyes

"Now, do we stake out Gabrielle like the sacrificial lamb she is, or are we to trust that she won't be running?"
(Callisto, XWP:ANE)

Posts: 18 | Location: Back in Yurop | Registered: 18 June 2010Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
omg, is that MoC i see?

wow, wonders will never cease :P

glad to see you hadn't fully fallen of the face of the earth, unlike some other german's i refuse to name :P

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Herculena
posted Hide Post
Mothra ya, mothra...
Look what happens, I summoned MoC!

Posts: 335 | Location: East Hallelujah!, IL | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
'twas close, sometimes, I have to admit. That pneumonia once almost got me. Nothing but the timely admonition of the wonders of modern medicine made me jump off Charon's boat...

(Memo to self: If you feel like stabbed in the chest for days, you might have some reason to worry...)

BTW, do we have a thread somewhere to keep track on what our favourite actors from X:WP are up to these days? I have to admit dicking around in places where you don't even have TV and much less Internet didn't exactly make it viable for me... Big Grin

"Now, do we stake out Gabrielle like the sacrificial lamb she is, or are we to trust that she won't be running?"

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MinionOfCallisto:
BTW, do we have a thread somewhere to keep track on what our favourite actors from X:WP are up to these days? I have to admit dicking around in places where you don't even have TV and much less Internet didn't exactly make it viable for me... Big Grin

lila997 used to have a post going in the Xena sub-forum about news & stuff regarding XWP actors. But sadly lila has not been seen round these parts in way too long & no one else has kept the thread goin for a very long time.

i caught Bruce Campbell on cable the other night. He was playing Elvis in a retirement home, fighting off a mummy, aided by Ossie Davis as JFK. Bubba Ho-tep. Cool flick!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
maybe someone should start a thread for just a reason

rumours, up and coming.. and sightings on old stuff u didn't know they were in

:P

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:
maybe someone should start a thread for just a reason

rumours, up and coming.. and sightings on old stuff u didn't know they were in

:P

i nominate Ame yay! Smile

i 2nd that nomination yay! Smile

i 3rd that nomination yay! Smile

nominated passed & Ame wins yay! Smile

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I

am

still

here

yes

indeeedy

dandy

!!!!!

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
sorry, i;ve been sick and in hospital and such

i should be back on a semi regular basis

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
sorry to hear you been sick, Ame. i hope you are feeling better now.

i haven't been here much lately either. Been a busy summer & i'm on vacation now.

i see others lurkin. i SEES ya! come in from the cold or the heat and start postin ya silly lurkers!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Well, i've seen MoC & Ame here the last couple days. Holidays- even if they're just US holidays- usually brings round several scrollers.

hey, i took my annual bath today so's i can't be that stinky yet! C'mon, ppls, post!

anyhoo, black friday, i'm thinking bout pickin up a pair of wireless speakers for my stereo system as yes, i still buy cds & lps, & play them a lot. Just hope i got 'nuff room on my desk for the speakers.

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
i came to visit and the scrolls wouldn't load, and i refreshed and they wouldn't load and i was like

OMG the scrolls are gone.

i realised i didn;t want them to go, so i shall post more Big Grin

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
well that woulda been scary with no scrolls! Eek

btw not to avoid yer new thread but i dunno what "glee" is besides the glee in the eyes of the cat that owns me when she meows that i hafta pet her & give her kitty food right now.

i don't watch new tv shows anymore. But mama xc told me that some show called Psych was gonna have a buncha people from Twin Peaks on it. So i watched part of it & it was terrible...awful...horrible... no "glee" in watching that show!

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I've been busy gaming, since I hooked onto Steam about twelve months ago.

There has been a huge game sale lately, so I've got heaps of new titles to play with.

Plus, they just started a treasure hunt, with new game objectives to complete every 48 hours, so it's been game, game, geme and when I get tired of that, MORE game (usually Left 4 Dead).

For Christmas I am getting Black Ops.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Herculena
posted Hide Post
Maaaaan, I was gonna get Steamed but my craptop and Linux don't like it. I've been... eh, busy taking care of my mother mostly. As well as having to drive long ways to get stuff-- I have to drive 25 miles (about 40km) each way to buy a pair of socks. Almost 5 years in the sticks and I haven't adjusted-- being a Chicagoan spoiled me rotten!

Posts: 335 | Location: East Hallelujah!, IL | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
hmmmm extra quiet at the scrolls this holiday season. c'mon back home ya'll! Smile

Steamed? i get steamed when it keeps snowin & i gotta shovel that snit espec when the county plow scoots the snow in front of my driveway nerrrr!

i had thought about buying one of them lcd flat screen boob tubes but i changed my mind. i dun watch much tv anyhoo cept for dvds & vhs's. Maybe a new set of stereo speakers.

Scroller
posted Hide Post
Can't say I'm "steamed", their server performance is too subpar to get really into it for me. Well, I kinda had to for a game or two which were only available over here with a Steam account.

But my most guilty pleasures are MMOs, in my both main ones I incidentally hooked up with a bunch of aussies and kiwis for some reason. Big Grin and no, I did not give in to the evil that is WoW... heh. (I did play a somewhat psychotic blonde female char in WHO for a while tho, hehe...)

And do not get me started about snow, XC, Germany had its fill for this year for sure of it. Talking about the climate killing you... *shivers*

And happy new year everybody, battle on in 2011!!!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Extra slow here this year so far.

speakin of bad climate, hope the Aussie are okays with all that r@#n (it's a dirty 4 letter word yes indeedy) down under. i loate hate & despise r@*n- it is evil! And snow sucks too. And ice. And sleet. And hail. And um anything comin from the skies cept sunshine.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Hello (Echo: hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello)

Is there anybuddy here? (Echo: here, here, here, here, here)

*sigh*

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
hey, look, it's me.. i haven't been here in a while

busy xmas and all

spent 2 weeks in anaheim again, and then other jess related activities and such

but school went back today, year 6

high school net year ohhhh

i don't know if that image will work it's using the url from facebook. but thats jess taken a few hours ago.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Anaheim Ame returns!

i ain't never been to Californy. If'n this ice n snow continues, i'll never get to leave Indhickiana again.

Just gettin over me flu cold sniffles stuff. i hate winter *sneezes green cheesey chunks on screen*

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
C'mon ppls- post!

i'm a-thinkin i need a new sig pic. One of a wife with less clothes on, eh? It is afters all gettun to be a bits warmer nowadays.

anyway, enuff about me, let's hear from you lurkers out there. Whatsa matter, are ya scared to post? 'fraid the big bad xc might huff n puff n blow yer post down, eh?

*sigh* anyhoo, back to listenin to some surf instrumental music- reverb wipe-out yay!

Scroller
posted Hide Post
Umm, I'm still here and STILL head of the Fam!!
I guesss Falsey flippedout after numerous unsuccessful attempts to take over the Fam. How you doing XC? You still in Indy? Did someone say Blowxena? And I like cheese too.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
hey-ya gabreezey! i just mentioned ya in another thread recently & here ya are again...i guess that ol phrase "speak of the devil" is true ha ha ha HA HA ha ho hum.

i'm still in Indhickiana even tho they'd luv for me to move to O-hi-diddly-o or Illinannoys or sumplace else anywheres else.

we need a Fam reunion. maybe we could hold a picnic in the cheese section of Krogers. i like dandruff in my tea.