Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    R.I.P. Scooby and Astro

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
R.I.P. Scooby and Astro
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Animator Takamoto, the creator of Scooby Doo and of many MANY characters including the Jetson's Astro, died today.

E! Article

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
ArrrArrrArrooooooooooo! I send out a mournful howl as I pack my ScoobyDoo lunch box to head home. Really. My Dad gave it to me for Christmas and I bring my coffe and breakfast in it every day. I wonder if Takamoto sat down one day and really ever thought about the millions upon millins of smiles he's put on the faces of kids and adults alike alll over the world.
R.I.P. you were very much appreciated.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Hanna-Barbera cofounder Joseph Barbera died Monday 18th dec 2006 from natural causes at his Los Angeles home; the creator of iconic characters such as Fred Flintstone, Yogi Bear and Tom and Jerry was 95.

just thought whilst were were on the topic of dead cartoon people Frown

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Sadness. Great loses to the cartoon-sociaty. Frown There isn't many left of the classic writers and artists are there? Frown

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
They were visionaries. Frown

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post