Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Neko Case

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Neko Case
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Ms Case's new cd, Fox Confessor Brings the Flood, just came out last week. I'm really enjoying it and i thinks she deserves a thread of her own here. Neko has the best set of pipes and i dunno how she controls her voice in her songs.

Her songwriting style may shy away some folks from her music as it might not be want you'd expect from one with such an incredible voice (or at least this is the most common criticism of Neko I've read, which I interpret as meaning some folks may need to retune their way of looking at song structure in order to accept the indie style *ahem*).

The new album is a good beginning spot for those not initiated to the excellent songs of Neko Case. And here's a pretty good lyric spot for reading the words to as ya play her albums.

Neko Case lyrics and a few pics of the pertty lass

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
I haven't picked up the album yet. But I meant to ask you last week if you caught NC's performance on the Tonight Show. Excellent performance, I thought.

I've liked the cuts that I've heard on KEXP.org.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i missed Neko on the Leno show. *pout* i hope she tours round here this year. She always plays the worst niteclub dive in town, i dunno why they don't book her somewhere better. She certainly has the drawing crowd power.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i should included this to begin with- doh!- music & stuff from Neko's site. Enjoy!

Neko Case site

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Is there a new Mrs. or will Neko just treat you as a toy?

Neko for xc

Call it my get well soon present to ya.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
hehee nice present, much thanks for the pic. Yep, there's a new missus in town, the 8th i think (so hard to keep count anymore).