Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Reading the lyrics

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reading the lyrics
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
I was listening to Interpol's new cd the other night which did not have a lyric sheet with the cd. Cheap! So I found the lyrics (the full set, no less) online & printed them out.

So, do YOU, yeah you, read lyrics with your cd- at least the first time through? Do you hunt for lyrics to accompany the downloads or cd's w/out a lyric sheet with?

Or do you like to listen & just figure out lyrics as you're listening?

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Usually I listen to it the first few times without lyrics, and then i look them up (or read them, if they come with the cd) to check that i'm understanding it right.
Often i have found, that I'm not hearing it right... so i'm glad i get the real words, so i dont sing it wrongly.

Posts: 538 | Location: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: 28 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
If the lyrics are included, I read along the first time. I seem to have an ear for hearing music rather well so after the initial first time of reading w/lyrics, I stop and just let my ears do the rest. 9 times outta 10, I'm right on the money. Smile

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Unless the singer sings real clearly, i usually read the lyrics first time around. I've done a lot of net searches for lyrics either not included with a cd or for lyrics too muddled or tiny to read on the lyric insert page thing.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I tend to read along when I listen for the first time and go back to them when I'm still not sure on something on the following listens.

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Shinigami
posted Hide Post
Okay, usually I like to listen and figure out the lyrics. I really like this song by Bruce Springsteen, but it sounds like he's singing,"Red Devil In The Freezer Aisle". That cannot be the lyrics...LOL

Your Hidden Talent

You have the natural talent of rocking the boat, thwarting the system.
And while this may not seem big, it can be.
It's people like you who serve as the catalysts to major cultural changes.
You're just a bit behind the scenes, so no one really notices.

What's Your Hidden Talent?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourhiddentalentquiz/

Posts: 474 | Registered: 20 September 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I Loved some of those big ol' record albums that opened up & had alla the lyrics in them!
Theres nothing quite like 12'x12' cover photos neither.
I now only listen to music in the car...
Im not sure why...

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Rotfl tiki I should know this lol. For some reason, "tenth avenue freeze out" comes to mind. Dun think that's it tho.Razz

I am a read the lyrics first type gal, then I remember them and jsut sing along.Smile There was a time I knew every bloody Springsteen lyric there was. Ahhhh, the good old days when I was young and retentive!RazzBig Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Sometimes you have to let art just flow over you.

What was the question?

Oh yes, I rarely read lyrics unless I've been listening to a song for ages and want to sing along with it and suddenly figure out that they can't possibly be singing "We've got big beaters".

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i've learned that i can never take my assumptions about lyrics very accurately, so i'll tend to sing what ever i think is being said, and then listen more carefully next time if i know it can't possibly be right. if after that i still can't figure it out (like with that crazy-ass ratcat cd that doesn't even have a track list), i crack and scower the internet for the answers. of course, if the lyrics are provided in the cd, i'm all over it Razz

on that note, cheers to blink 182 (even though i can't read most of the songs because they're scrawled in a tiny but precise spidery hand-writing) and jeers to the killers. why must they with-hold their masterful poetry from me? why??

--------------------------------------