Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Favorite album covers
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Favorite album covers
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
A thread to share your favorite music album covers.

The first Bevis Frond record i bought. Back in their neo-psych days.

Neko Case's first from a couple years back. I luvs this cover.

So what are your favorite covers?

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

Gotta love the Surf Coasters. This is the 1st cd of theirs i bought. Got it cheap, now it's pretty hard to find & very expensive. Most of their cd's have cool cover pics/art.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

Man or Astroman? was my fave band for many years & i first heard them via this album which i bought cuz of the cover art. The store owner described their sound as sci-fi surf intsrol, which it is. Some cool voice overs from '50s sci-fi/horror films throughout their albums. Too bad they disbanded.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
la la la love to reply to meself

Excellent fun cover to a fun soundtrack for a fun movie. Maybe someone here has actually seen this album. Maybe.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I remember that album cover.Big Grin That movie ROCKED! Loved it.

Here's one of my favorites...just the energy of it, gotta love it.

Bruce Springsteen's Born To Run.

I can just picture them getting ready to run out onto the stage or to the beach lol to jam.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if the stoopid image ain't lettin me post it?Razz

What if bleeh how annoying?Roll Eyes

What if but oh well ya kinda get the idea?RazzBig Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

Duh Boss!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

London called and the music changed yay!

similiar cover, equally cool, 24 yrs earlier
(yep i'm an Elvis fan)

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

The Love Peace & Poetry series comps of psych music from Mexico, Japan, South America, the US, England, Africa. Each has a fantastic cover with the same blonde hippee chick.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

front cover of a great surf instrol band's album

equally coolsome back cover of same record

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
wish i could find a bigger picture...
an all-time classic

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
yay! some great album art there, friends!

Found this on ebay, the pic may not last for long

Wasn't the cover banned & the inner sleeve changed? Can't recall.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

Oh heck yeah! Fasten yr seatbelts and ride this car. Smile

Roxy Music's "Country Life" had a much hotter lp cover but i doubt i could post it in this forum. heehee

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

Nice psychy cover. Great psychy afro music.

The album art that launched xc's collection many moons ago.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post

Surreal music, surreal image.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post

I've always been a HUGE fan of Jaime Hernandez's art, so I naturally love this cover.

~~~~~~~~~~

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post

Death by Chocolate helped create this masterpiece by painting Deb's body in chocolate, and manufacturing the "collar" around her neck.

Oh yeah, they also made all the cakes.
Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post

Classic album, classic cover.

Still remember listening to it when it first came out and realising that I liked both kinds of music. Loud and very loud.
Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Seeing that my images keep getting larger with each post, I think I'll stop now. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i don't know if this counts (because i've only ever seen it as a poster) but it seems like something i should own.

i suppose of those album covers, the black one would be my favourite (dark side of the moon, isn't it? i don't pretend to know anything more about pink floyd than the pretty pretty poster).

and i've also like this for as long as i can remember. in fact, it's one of the very first albums i ever owned. it now exists in several incarnations (one tape, 2 records, and i think a cd) in my house Razz

whispering jack, by john farnham:

and this i just think is neat, plus the album rocks Smile

Big Grin

--------------------------------------

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Dark Side of the Moon is one of those albums that EVERYBODY seemed to own, when it came out. It was in the charts for weeks and weeks and weeks.

I'd grab a copy, if I were you. It's got some great classic tracks on it. You'll have heard of some of them like "Money", which uses sounds of coins at the start of the song.

I avoid listening to The Wall album by Pink Floyd if I can. It's a very depressing scene, as is the movie adaptation. You'll know "Another Brick in the Wall" from that one. I used to roller skate to that song in the 80s. Big Grin

One of my other favourite Floyd albums is Wish You Were Here.

There's also a trick you can do with The Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon. If you start the record playing as soon as the third bell has finished chiming in the movie, and then turn down the soundtrack, the words and music of the album suit what is happening on screen. So good it's eerie! Eek

~~~~~~~~~~

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
ooh, i've heard about the wizard of oz thing. i've been meaning to try it (my mum actually does have the record, but i don't think i've listened to it). funny though, i do have "another brick in the wall" on a number ones compilation, and i have this memory of playing "money" on a juke box in a pub somewhere, because i knew my brother liked the band, heh Smile

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
heeheh i wondered when "Dark Side of the Moon" was gonna be mentioned or shown.

Lucky pigs.

rock on, Joanie!