Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Dixie Chicks

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dixie Chicks
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
I'm new to the Dixie Chicks but I must say that I dig this latest album they've put together.

I especially like the song "I'm Not Ready To Make Nice". Not only are the lyrics killer but the tune is stirring.

Other songs on the album are very musically strong as well. I was expecting more sort of rollicking country tracks, and there are a few of those, but the whole shebang is a mix between soft rock, folk and r 'n' b.

Nice. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
you should watch 'shut up and sing'
it give insight into the making of the cd and why the music is less "country"

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing that.

They had some parts of it on the DVD that came with the CD.

I'll try to track it down.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Was definitely one of the best CDs of 2006. One of the best groups in country music history.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
true true---even if country music won't admit it...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Didn't this album get banned on a lotta country radio stations? i liked it, even though it was a bit polished for my taste. i'd like to hear them release a Son Volt-like alt-country album. More rootsy and up the political ante.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I loved how they raked in the Grammys this year and THE Grammy.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post