Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Earworms: Songs that get stuck in your head
Page 1 2 3 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Earworms: Songs that get stuck in your head
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
I read someplace that someone has named them earworms, those songs that get caught in your
head. So-

What song or songs are stuck in your head or have been stuck recently?

Any songs that get stuck there whenever you hear them?

How do you get rid of your earworms?

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
What song or songs are stuck in your head or have been stuck recently?

-Last weekend i watched "Mean Girls" dvd again. So i've had Lindsay Lohan & the Plastics singing "Jingle Bell Rock" stuck in my head all week. Just briefly, that song was outsted by a Hall & Oates song "Had I known You Better Then". But in the battle of the earworms, Lindsay Lohan and her jingle bells won.
The week before last it was the song "Get Happy" from some flick called "Little Voice". Maybe i should stop watching movies.

Any songs that get stuck there whenever you hear them?

- "Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves" by Cher. Always. It's a curse i tell ya! That song is more than just an earworm, it's an ear-piranha. It's a lobotomy song! Ack!

How do you get rid of your earworms?

- Replace it with another earworm. Though it takes much much time gettin rid of "Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves" *shudders*.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
See, I have an affliction called "Jukebox ADD". Which means that in my head, is pretty much every song ever known. A song comes on, I sing a couple lines a few times, just long enough for other people to get it stuck in their head, and then "jukebox ADD" kicks in and I switch to another song.

It's damn fun, hearing people yell "Damnit, now that song is stuck in my head!" I laugh and switch to another song just to spite them.

Although here are some favorites that the jukebox ADD cycle usually starts out with:

"Strangers in the Night" by ol' Blue Eyes

"Crimson and Clover" by the Shondells

"My Girlfriend's Dead" by the Vandals

But like I said, the "JukeBox ADD" sort of keeps the earworms away and helps me inflict other people with them. Heh. Big Grin

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Addict
Picture of Ditie
posted Hide Post
Build Me Up Buttercup - The Goops

Delilah - Tom Jones

Is it cause i`m kewl? - Mousse T (this 1 really p*sses me off cause I sooo hate it)

These 3 never go away...constant regurge...ovah & ovah & ovah...

Oh god...

`Why? Why? Why? Delilah`....

Damn it !!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Filthy..Gorgeous..Dirty..Nasty !!

Posts: 108 | Location: Shrops, England | Registered: 09 September 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Thanks to a local commercial, lately it's been "It's a Hard Knock Life' from the musical Annie.
Also, there are some Donna Summer songs that are earworms. "toot toot, heyyyy, beep beep..."

Oh great. I just did it to myself.

(Sara, Jukebox ADD...*love* it! Big Grin)

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
*enters this thread with fingers in ears and without reading any of your posts--LA LA LA LA LA LA LALALALA*

nope. not me. i saw the title of this thread and realized this is just some evil on xc's part to get insiduous songs stuck in my head. nuh uh...not gonna do it. Razz

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
By all means lila, feel free to use the term as needed. Wink Big Grin

And zoom? The stars at night...are big and bright...

Big Grin

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Shinigami
posted Hide Post
Hey, I love "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves". Mad

Ummm....almost any song they play at my work and everywhere I go to shop is an earworm. Crap like stupid boy band mushy crap...I forget the names of those songs. "Hole In The World" by The Eagles. I love The Eagles! How can they go from awesome kickass hits like "Hotel California" to that commercialized garbage is beyond me. It's depressing when such great and talented musicians reduce themselves like that.

Your Hidden Talent

You have the natural talent of rocking the boat, thwarting the system.
And while this may not seem big, it can be.
It's people like you who serve as the catalysts to major cultural changes.
You're just a bit behind the scenes, so no one really notices.

What's Your Hidden Talent?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourhiddentalentquiz/

Posts: 474 | Registered: 20 September 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I've decided that my new method to get a song out of my head is to scream silently (or out loud if needed) "Earworms be gone!"
Think I'll get any strange looks in public? Razz

I now have "Killing me Softly" in my head. It appears to be the Fugees version.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Ack, "Jingle Bell Rock" still holds the no. 1 earworm spot in my head. Wish i could have an that jukebox affliction Sara has.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BAH!:
_*enters this thread with fingers in ears and without reading any of your posts--LA LA LA LA LA LA LALALALA*_

nope. not me. i saw the title of this thread and realized this is just some evil on _ xc_'s part to get insiduous songs stuck in my head. nuh uh...not gonna do it. Razz

heh heh

for zoomie's ears only-

a golden oldie!

"Why not day-o, day-ay-ay-o?

Why not daylight come & me wanna go home?

Why not scroll all day on a drink a'rum

Why not daylight come & me wanna have fun?

Why not come Ms Scrolly Mod posta me a thread?

Why not daylight come & me face it need fed?

Why not six posts! seven posts! eighteen posts a-day?

Why not comp's turned on & me wanna post all day?

Why not why not-o, why-iii-iii-not-o?

Why not me postin's dumb & me wish me had a brain"

Smile

<yes, it's tiki>
posted
*singing*Day-Oh....Dayyayayayay Ohhhh...xc's goofy, he's a real goofball.Big Grin

Yeah, mon...anything by Annie Lennox tends to be an earworm in this tiki's ears. Sheesh.

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Dexy's Midnight Runners "C'mon Eileen" was stuck in my head today. Or is it "Come on Eileen"? I know it shouldn't matter, but at this moment it means everything. smash

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
How about 'I can't get you outta my head' by kylie minogue?

or

This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends.
Some ppl started singing it not knowing what it was.
And they'll continue singing it forever just because

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Today was "When You're Good to Mama" from Chicago.

Let's all stroke together
Like the Princeton crew
When you're strokin' Mama
Mama's strokin' you

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's depressing when such great and talented musicians reduce themselves like that.

EEEEE! I HAAAATE that, like farkin Grace Slick singing that bloody "Nothin's gonna stop us now" with that damn starship thing...IIIICK, that was stuck in my head off and on for years...and I was singin the lyrics too and studying how she sang them...hmmm grace what is it about those lyrics that you have to sound so soulful in them...sheesh i guess your voice is so great it sounds soulful in everything...but girlfriend...

"Baby we can make it if it's heart to heart...."

Umm, did you want to vomit as much as I did, Grace my love? Why did i sense a pissed off edge when you sang them lyrics?Big Grin

any cell phone jingles...sometimes they can be in my head for hours...this one that went off today...it's some damn classical piece and I dun remember what, i think it's Mozart but erg, it's ANNOYING!

Classical pieces...bleeh opera pieces, I can have them in my head forever...like Mozart's Alleluia..
"Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia...bla bla bla...real complex lyrics, but that tune...over and over again innn my head. NOOOO!Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Mines not really a song as much as it is a commercial.
Put the lime in the coke you nut and drink it all up
If I ever find the person that came up with that idea I will kill them. I've had that in my head the past two weeks. Arg!

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Two songs stuck in my head these last couple weeks. The first one was A Wind and A Smile from the movie "Sleepless In Seattle". Why this song been on my mind, i have no idea, and it ain't welcome in my otherwise empty mind, so get outta my head!

The next song is welcome. Though i don't watch much tv, i've come across some commercial (car commercial?) that has this dude and his hot chick friend dancin n boppin up n down to Molly's Chamber by the Kings of Leon. Great song, you is welcome!

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Don't tell me heart, my achy breaky heart, I just don't think it'll understand - cuz if you tell my heart, my achy breaky hear - it might blow up and kill this man - OooooooooooooOOee!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
You have my deepest sympathy from the bottom of my ear, Shawn. i keep barbed wire on my eardrums to make doubley sure that song don't enter my head!

Jetta commercial featuring Mollys Chambers by the Kings of Leon. It's the one entitled "Independence Day"

http://www.vw.com/commercials/index.html#

i am so hooked on this ad & that song again!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I watch the Kristen Dunst flick, "Dick", on dvd recently and now Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" has been stuck in the noggin for several days. If i have to think about clouds in my coffee one more time, i'm gonna screeeeeeeeeeeeam!

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Ive been watchin 'globetrekker' on PBS lately & it has a catchy tune to it which has infested my ears.

My preferred method of removing earworms is
small mini-dynamite sticks that I insert in my ears light & then I run like hell.

After a few daze in the hospital Im as good a new.

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I watched 'EuroTrip' last night and have had 'Scotty Doesn't Know' in my head ever since Razz

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
lol! that happened to me too when i watched it Big Grin

that song rocks! Big Grin

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Still... "Molly's Chamber" is stuck in my head. i don't get why it won't leave. Several weeks back at a grocery store, McCartney's "Uncle Admiral Admiral Halsey" was playing over the store's radio system. i had that song worming it's way in my head til Molly and her Chambers whooshed it out. Now i'm tempted to watch the Jetta ad on that link a few posts up. What curse has them Kings of Leon tossed upon me???