Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Earworms: Songs that get stuck in your head
Page 1 2 3 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Earworms: Songs that get stuck in your head
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Got this cd called "Stubbs the Zombie", a video game soundtrack. Most of the songs are covers of 50s songs by today's indie artists. Two songs have wedged their way without permission into my head. Oranger's version of "Mr.Sandman" (acutally quite good but get outta my head!) and most especially the Flaming Lips cover of "If I Only Had A Brain" which is too good to be true but still, enuff is enuff, get outta my head!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
lately, The Vines cover of the Beatles' I'm Only Sleeping been earworming.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Spoon's "I Turn My Camera On"

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Black Eyed Peas....My Humps...at least for the last two weeks....it won't go away....help!

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
"The Sky is Falling" by Queens of the Stone Age.

Thanks, zoom! Wink

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
*sigh* i have "Molly's Chambers" comin' in one ear and Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells" (the long version) in the other ear. Since "Tubular Bells" was the theme song for The Exorcist movie, i wonder if this means that song is gonna try to exorcise the Kings of Leon tune outta my head???

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Ack! Has anyone else come in contact with the Go!Team? Earworm alert! "Huddle Formation" is habit inducing. This is like, cheerleader rock or something, not much lyrics but Polyphonic Spree-like vocals with some ultra-cheery dancey music. Go!Team go-go-go! Ack!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Massive earworm attack! Chinese version of "Sukiyaki", sung by one Teresa Carpio. Hear, i must share earworm:

Sukiyaki

Actually i love this version. It's weird in an Asian Mariah Carey kinda way.

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Thanks to a good friend with a cd burner I now have several of the tracks from the musical Wicked stuck in my head. It's been a week and they just won't go away. (Not that it's a bad thing, mind you.) Wink

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Shinigami
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do you get rid of your earworms?

I sick my earbirds on 'em!!!Big Grin

Ummm...I get alot of them because I work at the mall, and they play the same drek over and over at my store. I got this one in my head, but I can't think of the farkin' name. Some wannabe alternative crap about changing your mind.

Posts: 474 | Registered: 20 September 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Having watched "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" recently, i now have "Twist & Shout" and "Danke Schoen" as earworms. Movie songs will do it to ya every time.

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
freeze frame

and oldie but one that sticks when you here it Big Grin

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Two Out of Three Ain't Bad by Meat Loaf

It's the earworm from hell. I heard it last night on the radio at work and woke up with it in my head this morning. Somebody...please help me.

My Space

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
ISRALITES -Desmond Dekker & the Aces .....

I have a small chock-full hard drive soI hafta keep takin off whatI download...

I have say 60 song on my Comp but I keep this one & maybe 5-10 others on alla the time....

Im listening to it rite now....maybe 30th time this week

I FOUND the lyrics online..
I never had ANY IDEA what he was singing....

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
ISRALITES -Desmond Dekker & the Aces .....

I FOUND the lyrics online..
I never had ANY IDEA what he was singing....

lyrics!

ISRAELITES

Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir,
so that every mouth can be fed.
Poor me, the Israelite. Aah.

Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir,
So that every mouth can be fed.

My wife and my kids, they are packed up and leave me.
Darling, she said, I was yours to be seen.

Shirt them a-tear up, trousers are gone.
I don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde.

After a storm there must be a calm.
They catch me in the farm. You sound the alarm.

Poor me, the Israelite.
I wonder who I'm working for.
Poor me, Israelite,
I look a-down and out, sir.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Hay you werent supposed to TELL everyone....

Big Grin smash

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
yeah i am. It makes the earworm stick around longer!

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Momma keeps whites bright like the sunshine...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
tumbleweeds...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Girl from Impanema". Heard it on some comp the other day. And now. It. Won't. Go. Away.

"Young and tan and oh so lovely
the girl from Impanema
goes walkin but she don't seeeeeeeee
what she does to xccccccccccc
na na na na na na na na na na na na na na
etc
etc
etc"

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
There i was. Sunday night. Turned on the boob tube which i rarely do, unless for a dvd. There's Zooey Deschannel. And she's singing "Hello Dolly".

EARWORM!

Well her voice is good, nowhere near as bad as that American Idol crap but much better than most actresses who sing.

But "Hello Dolly"....

On the bright side, i've made Zooey a new mrs.xc!

pics to follow

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

"i'm a wife of xc now! Wheeeeeee! It's what every girl dreams of!"

"ok, i gotta string through my head. i'm a love puppet for xc"

"Forget the Mercedes Benz, xc, you can drive me home"

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
I adore Zooey, but Emily is my fav!

As for earworms...
that damned Fergie song Big Girls Don't Cry for weeks now!!!!!!!!! Damn it!!!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i hadn't heard of Emily til i hunted down pics of Zooey. Since i'm on vacation, i'm gonna hunt down some Zooey dvds. Gotta satisfy the wife!

Zooey's cover of "Hello Dolly" is still an earworm but so is the Decemberists' "O Valencia" which i've heard quite a bit lately.