Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    "I Snorted My Father"

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"I Snorted My Father"
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Keith Richards: 'I Snorted My Father'

LONDON (Associated Press) -- Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all. In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.

"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

"I was No. 1 on the `who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.

Freak.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
heh...i heard that this morning. probably went down (up...?) a lot easier than those ants Ozzie Osborn reportedly snorted...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I saw that, too, on one of the news channels. They had a poll going all morning. I don't see how this is...news. Maybe they should try to have specific channels for real news and ones for ridiculous entertainment "news". Isn't that what E! is for?

The coyote in the Quizno's was neat, though.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heitie:
I don't see how this is...news. Maybe they should try to have specific channels for real news and ones for ridiculous entertainment "news". Isn't that what E! is for?

You get a BIG Aetheist AMEN from me on that one.... Big Grin

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:

Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

What "young musicians" would want to emulate a has-been since 1973?

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post