Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Guilty Pleasures

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Guilty Pleasures
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted
Music wise. Come clean and admit your guilty pleasures. Admittance is the first step towards recovery. Wink

I'll even start.

Ace of Base. I loved them. I still do. Anytime they come on the radio, I will turn it up and sing along. Yes I know they suck and they are nowhere to be found but I love those Swedes, damnit!

Your turn...

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
New Kids on the Block- every once in a while you will find their best of in my cd player. They are a part of my childhood. I still love them. Smile

Hanson-I loved them when they came out and I still do. The have great harmonies and they are fun to listen to. Razz

And Sara...you are not alone in your love of Ace of Base. I have their cd too.Big Grin

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Shinigami
posted Hide Post
The Bee Gees. blush

Your Hidden Talent

You have the natural talent of rocking the boat, thwarting the system.
And while this may not seem big, it can be.
It's people like you who serve as the catalysts to major cultural changes.
You're just a bit behind the scenes, so no one really notices.

What's Your Hidden Talent?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourhiddentalentquiz/

Posts: 474 | Registered: 20 September 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
XF3, I actually was thievin' music online and d/l'ed some NKOTB songs.

I couldn't believed just how bad they sounded to me now though. I was so disappointed, LOL. It just goes to show that back when I was a little girl, I had no taste at all. Wink

Another guilty pleasure:

Paul Simon
Fleetwood Mac (tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies)

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
ABBA

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i don't think i have any guilty pleasures cuz i dun feel guilty about what songs gimme pleasure. Of the singers/groups mentioned here, I loves Abba, the Bee Gees, Paul Simon, Fleetwood Mac- i dunno why they'd be considered a guilty pleasure. I did like Hanson's 1st album, it was fun pop for it's genre.

Maybe the closest i could come to this would be Mandy Moore cuz i got odd looks when i'd buy her cd's. I think she's got a great voice, she needs to work on her songwriting but her choice of cover songs for her last record was way cool.

i do like a lotta bubblegum music which i know many many ppl despise. Songs by the Archies or any tunes that go "Chewy chewy chewy" or "yummy yummy yummy" or "Ooey Ooey Ooey" or whatever. i like The Beach Boys (but not these current imposters whole stole Brian Wilson's band) & i know lotta ppl don't like the BBs. Yes, i like the Carpenters, Bread and even a few Manilow songs. I like Mariah Carey too so nerrrrr!

For me to have a real guilty pleasure, that'd mean i'd have to like a Garth Brooks or Boobney Spears song. And-that-ain't-a-gonna-happen. Evuh! Smile

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
I actually like one Boobney Spears song. Eek

I like a J. Lo song. blush

I like a Shania Twain song or two.

I'm liking Toby Keith lately.

I like Sugar Ray.

I'm not guilty about the BeeGee's, Paul Simon, or Abba, much as my friends would like me to be.

I know there's a whole truckload of dork that I'm forgetting...

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chiana:

I know there's a whole truckload of dork that I'm forgetting...

i think "A Whole Truckload of Dork" would make for a good song that i'd be innocent of wantin to hear!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:

For me to have a real guilty pleasure, that'd mean i'd have to like a Garth Brooks or Boobney Spears song. And-that-ain't-a-gonna-happen. Evuh! Smile

Does this mean xc doesn't have "Friends in Low Places"?

I like Dido's "White Flag" and that other hit she had (I don't know the name, lol).

but for truly guilty, I did find a new appreciation for some of the stuff of the Thriller album.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sara:
XF3, I actually was thievin' music online and d/l'ed some NKOTB songs.

I couldn't believed just how bad they sounded to me now though. I was so disappointed, LOL. It just goes to show that back when I was a little girl, I had no taste at all. Wink

LMAO.....There are moments when I'm listening to it and thinking about my taste then and now and it's like night and day. But it's all about back in the day. Big Grin

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i think A Truckload of Dork is the name of Toby Keith's next album...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by something completely different:
i think A Truckload of Dork is the name of Toby Keith's next album...

gotta love a self titled album!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smirk Morgan:
quote:

Does this mean xc doesn't have "Friends in Low Places"?

Naw, i'm too low to have friends in any places!

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:

You've got friends in scroll places. Razz

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Tiffany.Razz(Ok i'm dating myself and I dun give a brass razoo.Big Grin)

"Could've Been," is a really great song. Heartbreaking, almost. If she wasn't so damn nasal, she'd actually sound great in it. Hell, she sounds great anyway. blush And uh, I do like the way she sings "I saw Him Standing there." Her voice is so....tough and raspy. Cool.Big Grin

Debbie Gibson...."Foolish Beat" Razz

Who else? Well in the deep 80's, Wham was a Guilty Pleasure, cuz at the time i was like egad, they suck, but then Careless Whisper came out and i was like OMG this song rocks. Then...it became cool to like George Michael so i didn't feel so guilty anymore.Big Grin

Madonna...omg, in the 80's? Serious guilty pleasure, "Crazy For You..." I heard that and was like, "I had NO idea that was MADONNA???"Eek

Then it became kinda cool to like her too.Razz

Ok I admit it, I kinda like Boobney Speares' "Oops I did it again," from what i heard of it...kinda catchy, that is.(runs)

and uh, yeah, Jen, Bee Gees. I'm with ya, sis.Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Christina Aguilera - hey, they girl has some pipes.

Kid Rock and Eminem.

Roxette

Old 80's Movie sountracks:
Lost Boys
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Streets of Fire

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I guess you could call Christina a guilty pleasure. I love her Stripped cd.

My Space

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frida Killyou:
quote:

You've got friends in scroll places. Razz

And i bet Girth Brooks couldn't sing it as good as ya'll!

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Shinigami
posted Hide Post
Hey, I like some Garth Brooks songs. I love "The Dance", especially. I danced with my Dad at my wedding at that one. Frown

I also like quite a few Toby Keith songs. Razz

I love Mariah Carey. She's got a great voice.

I love "Desperately Seeking Susan". And the soundtrack to "Vision Quest". I also love "Careless Whisper" and "Foolish Beat". And too many songs by Duran Duran to even admit. As well as The Culture Club. Big Grin

Your Hidden Talent

You have the natural talent of rocking the boat, thwarting the system.
And while this may not seem big, it can be.
It's people like you who serve as the catalysts to major cultural changes.
You're just a bit behind the scenes, so no one really notices.

What's Your Hidden Talent?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourhiddentalentquiz/

Posts: 474 | Registered: 20 September 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Oh, I've got lots. But I don't so much feel guilty. I embrace my dorkiness too.

I...

...love me some Abba.

...own the Ashlee Simpson CD

...store it on a shelf right in between Grandmaster Flash and Skid Row (can you say "eclectic", kids? Wink )

...know who England Dan and John Ford Coley are.

...am stongly considering buying a 50 Cent CD

...will sing at the top of my lungs to Dionne Warwick or Gladys Knight (especially if I have scroller Pips backing me Wink )

I also...

...went to a huge radio station sponsored music festival a couple of years ago and was most excited to see 2 of the "opening bands"- Roxette and The Go Go's.

...have an extensive Broadway musical original cast recording playlist on my ipod.

...know every word to The Bangles Different Light album and most of the tracks from Culture Club's first 2 albums.

...actually purchased tickets to and attended the first 'American Idols' concert tour and was in the top 2 percentile of oldest people in the audience who did not bring a tween girl with them.

...am now proud of the above statement because I saw Kelly Clarkson live.

...count the 70's smash hits "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" by Looking Glass and "Band of Gold" by Freda Payne among my top 25 favorite songs of all time.

...don't think that all 80's hair bands sucked and would embark in a debate about it. Sober.

quote:
Originally posted by Swamp Beaver:
Old 80's Movie sountracks:
Lost Boys
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Streets of Fire

...need to add Pretty in Pink to that list

and lastly, two words: Barry. Manilow.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm going to have to cop to 50 Cent and Ashlee Simpson too. She had me at brunette.

I also love Culture Club's butcher sister Dead Or Alive.

You spin me right round baby right round...

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
DOA! sweet. haven't thought of them in ages...a prime example of that short-lived genre, Pirate Pop.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
lila is my hero.

Big Grin

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I can't believe no one mentioned Spice Girls. Okay, their may be a reason for that. But I'll admit it. I liked them. When I hear their music, I still sing along.

My Space