Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    First record you owned
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
First record you owned
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:

No Im not a long-haired hippie type pinko fag neither.Just for the record.
Could we be careful when throwing around a word like 'fag' on the Scrolls?

In this case it was probably not used to denigrate gay or lesbian people, but some may mistakenly read it that way.

Mmmmm-kay?

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Its a line from a song ... "Uneasy Rider" ..
if I remember correctly.

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Here is a written version of the Lyrics of the offending song with the bad word.

Uneasy Rider lyrics

I dont think Charlie Daniels did the orignal version but I could be wrong.

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Tape: Micheal Jackson's "Thriller" (Though I'm pretty sure it was originally my mom's)
Paula Abdul-Forever Your Girl
New Kids on the Block- Hangin' Tough

CD- I had a hard time thinking about this one and I'm still not sure what it was but if I had to guess it would be Amy Grant. Sounds lame but it was a gift I think.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
78's- (short for 78 R.P.M.'s revolutions per minute) my parents had show tunes and classical music on these, some of which they would crank up at parties on the old Victrola. I always got to hang around for the music.

45's (named for the speed- 45 R.P.M.'s) I had a hand me down collection of these from an older brother and sister. But my favorites were 96 Tears, House of the Rising Sun by the Animals, Lady Godiva, and Happy Together by The Lovin' Spoonful.

LP- (short for Long Playing, for the speed was slower, 33 1/3 rpm and it had more songs) My first was The Dave Clark Five, This is The Dave Clark Five- I think it was a gift. My first purchased album was After the Gold Rush by Neil Young (Or possibly before that- Rubber Soul by The Beatles I have a vague recollection of this.)

Cassette- I had a much replayed Blue by Joni Mitchell which I listened to on a portable cassette player till I drove everyone crazy and I got my own stereo.

8 track- This was the only source of music for most of my cross-country trip through the USA in 1975, radio being a very poor source in much of the country, but we narrowed the selection down to one tape for all occasions: Stop All That Jazz by Leon Russell.

CD- Like most everyone here it's hard to say. I know we bought mood CD's first, thunderstorms, water sounds etc. After that I acquired a collection from my brother-in-law that he wanted to cull from his own massive collection. That included The Doors, Brothers in Arms, The Eagles- he was being very generous. One purchase I know I made- I bought The Cranberries first CD.