Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    What songs are playing on your jukebox?
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 85

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What songs are playing on your jukebox?
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Listening to a Songlines world music comp of muisc from Czechoslovakia.

It ain't rock'n'roll but i like it

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
The Fuzillis

A new group from the UK. Garage rock/go-go beat, definitely upbeat stuff.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Paul McCartney-- "Maybe I'm Amazed."

Lyrics remind me of Nick. Smile Wink Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
GospelbeacH. Their latest album, "Another Summer of Love".

Psychedelic Anericana power pop. One of the best albums of last year

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Photographs and Memories: Jim Croce's Greatest Hits.

I haven't heard this man in a long time, always remember his songs from when I was a kid. Some of these tunes I'd never heard before though. "These Dreams" is a really cool song.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Daisy House

They're a duo from California. Rock, indie, Americana.

Sometimes he sings, sometimes she does. i prefer her voice which owes a lot to Joni Mitchell. She could solo and make it good.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Anna Burch

Her new album is called "Quit the Curse"

Love her vocals

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Listening to a mixtape CD-R i made a while back.

Mostly artists that few ppl have heard about which is my thing, i guess

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I bumped into this on youtube....

I DL'd it as an MP3 I listen to it alot...

World's 10 Most Mysterious Civilizations

There's another odd little piece from the Commodore 64 game Commandoits just such a fun.....item.

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Heres some samples:

commando

C64 Longplay - Commando

I have it as a .sid file{C64's music filetype}
it plays in my VLC media player just fine..got it after YEARS of searching....

this may be where I found it.{but Probably not}

commando .sid file -download link

this works ....its a 4 kilobyte file...!!!!!

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I actually wanted to use it as a ringtone on my phone... but never got that far with it...

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
This song was my favorite when I was 8 years old and today I relate to it more than ever.

Cat Stevens--Miles from Nowhere

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I used to hide in the closet but I came out recently...I'm a rap fan. Big Grin Love it. Always did. I know this theme by Ennio Morricone is probably one of the most overplayed in the world...but I never get tired of it, lol. Big Grin

When the rappers got hold of it, it was pretty cool, but Nas has my favorite.

Ecstasy of Gold, featuring Nas

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I might have spoken too soon lol. This guy was pretty epic too!

Coolio vs. Ennio Morricone--CHANGE

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
The new Ty Segall album is his best ever. He genre hops around which makes things more interesting.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
The new album from Courtney Marie Andrews.

She does alt-country, she sounds like a mix
of Linda Ronstadt and Caitlin Rose.

Great voice and songwriting

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
What if I just got a music bug up my butt & found some good stuff I had been hearing on the Raddio lately?

Blur - song2
2Unlimited "R U Ready for Dis"

the Offspring "Come out & Play' {Gotta Keep em separated}

I guess there was a few good tunes made after 1975

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Sunflower Bean's new album.

Sounds like a mix of Fleetwood Mac and The Cardigans

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Tuneyard's new album.

It's more political than anything she had released up to now.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Listening to Haley Heynderickx'"I Need to Start A Garden" album.

i think this is her first album, it just came out last month

Alt-Americana with a Karen Dalton-Joni Mitchell kinda vibe

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Dream Wife's s/t album

All-girl band, mix of hard rock & punk

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Whyte Horses

New psych-pop from Italy

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Been listening to the new Jack White album. It's a mix of electronic music and his own garage rock style. It sounds more like demos a lot of the time & has a sense of being incomplete but maybe repeated plays will improve for me.

Still i think Jack needs Meg and they should reform the White Stripes.

Lotta good new music coming out now & soon: Damien Jurado, the Cut Worms, the Sea & Cake, Holly Golightly, Lake Street Dive, Leon Bridges, ect.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
Been listening to the new Jack White album. It's a mix of electronic music and his own garage rock style. It sounds more like demos a lot of the time & has a sense of being incomplete but maybe repeated plays will improve for me.

Still i think Jack needs Meg and they should reform the White Stripes.

Lotta good new music coming out now & soon: Damien Jurado, the Cut Worms, the Sea & Cake, Holly Golightly, Lake Street Dive, Leon Bridges, ect.

I tend to agree with you about Jack White...the White Stripes just had something so...so thoroughly passionate and fulfilling. It was different, it was stripped down but still full of life and substance. Meg is an amazing drummer. She didn't have to do a ton of things to make herself sound interesting, she just IS. That's the beauty of the White STripes and Jack's approach to music...LESS IS MORE and it really truly IS more. You can hear more nuances and emotions and thoughts that come through so much clearer when you have less to think about musically with the notes and such.
I love Jack on his own too but I hear you about the incompletion. I think it's always a challenge when you have a band with the one you Love and work so closely with them...then you break up and wtf to do now??? Experimentation seemed to be therapy for Jack after Meg. I LOVE "Connected By Love," but could do without the video, especially the guy that joined the army or whatever that was, where they beat up this other guy...ugh. It didn't work for me. Just have Jack in the damn hotel room expressing love, go back to the simple. He started trying to put more stuff into his songs, more complicated musical stuff, prolly cuz he is still trying to find his voice after Meg. It'll come to him. I love his soul. He is my favorite of the new musical acts of today. Smile
Wayfaring Stranger!!!! His version of that is PERFECT.

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
The Ann Wilson Thing

I love her!!! I love her soul, her intelligence and what she puts into the songs she writes and sings. It's funny...back in the 80's, I was suffering a lot of pain and anguish at what Heart was doing and how I thought they had "given in" to all that hoopla and formula. A lot of 70's bands made comebacks in the 80's and did that formula shite. I'm sorry I love the original acts of the 80's like Simple Minds, Duran Duran, Culture Club...yeah, I liked those bands, but what they tried to do to Heart...naaaahhh. Let the 70's bands stay a bit authentic or at least do what Springsteen did...keep their same style but enhance it a bit as needed. Stay AUTHENTIC. It's just amazing that I learn all these years later that Ann felt the same, exact way. Now, she's 67 thereabouts, and doing all this awesome stuff I used to fantasize about her doing! Wow, do we have a telepathic connection goin' on or what??? Big Grin

I'd love to sing something with her, like that song "Don't Give Up," by Peter Gabriel...she's singing it by herself and it's pretty interesting, hearing it done as a solo not duet. Wow! Anyway, here's the concert I'm watching:

The Ann Wilson Thing--House of Blues

~~Johnny Depp.