Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Music    What songs are playing on your jukebox?
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What songs are playing on your jukebox?
 Login/Join 
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Courtney Barnett's newest "Tell Me How You Really Feel".

She can do no wrong it seems. Her album collaboration with Kurt Vile was amazing. Her 2015 album "Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit" was in my top 10 of the year. Then there was "The Double EP: A Sea of Split Peas" compilation from the year before.

i'd love to see her in concert if she came around here & i could afford to go. But for now, she's got a great new album. She's from Down Under, so the Aussies oughta be here promoting her, too.

Posts: 10498 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
The K7s "Take 1" album

They're a new band on the Rum Bar label which basically only releases hard rock, power pop and punkish power rock. The K7s mix Ramones-like punk pop with crunchy power pop into short less than 3 minutes songs with a lotta fun. Excellent album.

Posts: 10498 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Ivan Motosserra Surf & Trash

They're a surf instrumental band from Brazil. Real good stuff. Who needs singing & lyrics?

Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Ruby Velle & the Soulphonics "It's About Time"

Very soulful album though it's not their most recent which i have but haven't heard yet. She sounds a little bit like a soul version of Adele.

Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Sarah Shook & the Disarmers

i've been listening to her new album, "Years", a lot lately. She can be categorized as outlaw country or a blend of insurgent country and cowpunk. There's a punk attitude in some of the songs and in others songs, there's that broken heart honky-tonk kind of hurt.

i like the new album better than her first one, "Sidelong" though both are good.

"Years" can be heard in its entirety here on bandcamp-

https://sarahshookthedisarmers.bandcamp.com

-They only allow a couple songs off the older album, i'm not sure why that is.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief
Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I go ten pin bowling once a week and the drive there takes about 30 minutes.

Rather than music, I've been listening to Big Finish audio dramas for Dr Who and Blake's 7.

They are loads of fun, with the actors all relishing another chance to play the characters they know so well.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5326 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief
Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Before the Big Finish stuff I had three albums in heavy rotation:

David Bowie, Singles

All the songs he ever released as a single. I think there are over twenty tracks on this release.

Some really classic tracks like Changes, TVC15, Heroes.

If you can't find something here to love, you're just not trying.

Lizzie the Musical

This sounds like it should be a disaster but it is just too awesome for words.

The story of Lizzie Borden the axe murderer, sung by four women who know how to rock, backed by a band that really wails.

Lock up your daughters.

The Runaways, Queens of Noise

Their first self-titled album has their most well-known hit, Cherry Bomb, but in my opinion this is the more solid offering.

Cherie Currie's vocale on Neon Angels on the Road to Ruin take this into the stratosphere.

The oft overlooked Joan Jett lays down the title track like the ballsy badarse that she is.

Sandy West, Jackie Fox and Jett lay down a tight, expressive rhythm section, which West recorded without using a click track. Unheard of, in this day and age.

Lita Ford is the secret weapon of the group, with blisteringly fast guitar riffs that sound as fresh as the day she shredded them.

A lot of people hate the final track, Johnny Guitar. It is growing on me. Probably helps that I stuck the Currie twins' Since You've Been Gone after it, on my iPhone. Makes everything end on a more upbeat note.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5326 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post