Scrolls
What songs are playing on your jukebox?

This topic can be found at:
https://bingoze.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/636601791/m/556106688

27 December 2018, 04:03 PM
xenacrazed
What songs are playing on your jukebox?
Uncle Groovy

They're a new band from the UK, their songs sound like they could have come from the late '60s or early '70s bit also modern. It's more pop rock than actual rock.
05 January 2019, 05:02 PM
xenacrazed
Listening to Lucy Malheur's new album, "Bad Cat Mama", a blues album.

So far, it's pretty good. It has an old timey blues feeling instead of the harder stuff that some female blueswomen release these days.
13 January 2019, 04:40 PM
xenacrazed
Something old for a change, a blues rock band from the 70s and from Australia named Chain.

The music is okay if not generic in places.
03 February 2019, 02:45 PM
xenacrazed
Listening to a mix tape CD from a label in the UK of newish bands.

The music is a mix of psych and prog genres.

It's pretty good. It is still hard enjoying music as i used to do.
23 March 2019, 02:46 PM
xenacrazed
Hit the Hay Vol 10

It's a v/a comp of power pop & Americana

A lotta excellent songs on the cd
06 April 2019, 03:54 PM
xenacrazed
Listening to a compilation of electronic music and avant garde compositions from Italy over the last few decades.

Wild stuff that is definitely not for everyone.
28 April 2019, 01:10 AM
Brucy Braless
Whaa..? youve been listening to Italian music for Decades..???
Thats true dedication.. my man!

I just came in here as I was driving along.
Only have a radio {with a Cassette deck*} in the Van.
I was agro punching the station buttons & came upon Suzanne Vega's Tom's Diner what a cool song..I hadnt really paid much attention to it whenever she made it.

SOoo.... that s my music trivia for this year..LoL

*abandoned alla my cassettes in my move in 2008. Hadda leave about 1/3 of 'possessions' in a hurried move outta the fire pit...

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?
28 April 2019, 02:26 PM
xenacrazed
Yes, i have listened to Italian music for decades. different groups of course.

So, you came into the scrolls driving a van? i didn't realize you could drive a vehicle into a message board.

i have a cassette player in the '97 Toyota. i prefer mixtapes to the radio.
03 June 2019, 06:49 AM
Brucy Braless
Heard this on my local PBS classical radio....

WoW! Love it!

Ludovico Einaudi - Life

He is alive today..Unlike most classical composers..*smirk*

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?
08 June 2019, 02:35 PM
xenacrazed
Listening now to the Pearlfishers

They're a new-ish band, been around 20 years or so, and they sound like McCartney or Brian Wilson
29 June 2019, 09:26 PM
xenacrazed
The new Springsteen album is pretty good, sort of in the vein of the Nebraska album. There's a western theme to the songs which is done well.

Springsteen sound-alike Craig Finn has a new album, too. Realistic modern topics highlight the songs. Great stuff.
07 July 2019, 04:29 PM
xenacrazed
Bought the recent Mojo Magazine and it has a cd with it containing rare songs by King Crimson.

i'm not a major fan of theirs but it's a pretty good album.
07 July 2019, 04:44 PM
Free Madness
The new Hollywood Vampires album "Rise" is really quite awesome.
It's got a feel for the old classics, yet has a freshness to it all of it's own. The lyrics, very relevant to today's issues, are all by Johnny Depp and sung by Alice Cooper. Except for the last song "Congratulations" which is a poem, recited, to guitar music. Alice, Joe Perry, Tommy Henrikson and Johnny all take a verse. Johnny took the last and longest. His is my favorite, especially this:

You have to go away to come back
Do not pander, ponder, rise
To return to an orderly decision of being born or not
The sickness parade is here, tick tock, tick tock
There ain't nothing that can protect you from the brutality of life's clock
It will sneak up and bite you right on the ass
And after just a few short years in your narcissistic pavilion
You will shrivel and wither like a humiliated grape
Anyone ever tell you you talk too much? Probably not
You speak much better when your mouth is full
Your epitaph will be scribbled in crayons
On a scorching sidewalk
Congratulations.

--HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES, from "Rise."

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

14 July 2019, 01:58 PM
xenacrazed
i'm really like a 3 cd set of surf instrumentals from Brazil. It look a while for the package to arrive but it was well worth it. Expensive but i could not find any free downloads.
02 August 2019, 12:37 AM
Brucy Braless
Yeah .. King Crimson did a couple songs I like but they are like stinky cheese.. fun once in a while...

"Court of the Crimson King" is their best.

Im moving Schtuff onto a new Comp...So I Creamed alla my Music & made a folder of the 120 best songs...

Whoa Dude!!! Who needs drugs anymore..LoL

04 August 2019, 02:21 PM
xenacrazed
The new Black Keys album is good, not great like their previous releases. Hopefully it is just a fluke and they get back on the mojo when they record their next album.
31 August 2019, 12:39 PM
xenacrazed
Joan Shelley's new indie folk album is very good. She's going to be playing a show in town soon.
07 October 2019, 02:01 AM
Brucy Braless
I heard Neanderthal Manon the radio.. fews daze ago.....Been a LONG time,for that 1...

Also came across the refrain from Garbage - CherryLips (GoBabyGo) on a youtube Vid..if I recall.

I found the entire song....
the bulk of it is forgettable ..

but... Damn.. that refrain is ARF-ing AWESOME !!!

10 October 2019, 04:37 PM
xenacrazed
Listening to Los PiraƱas "Historia Natural"

Instrumental electronic music from Columbia

Funky stuff!
26 October 2019, 01:26 PM
xenacrazed
Listening to the Minus 5

Indie rock supergroup
06 November 2019, 01:31 PM
Free Madness
I've gotten more into the Grateful Dead lately, where I used to think they were kinda "meh."
Van Morrison is another one I'm discovering as if brand new.
A live version of "Cyprus Avenue" from 1970 was pretty awesome and entertaining. I'm such a classic rock junkie lol. The music of today...it really depends on who it is. I wonder what Jack White is up to now. He's epic.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

09 November 2019, 02:58 PM
xenacrazed
Lost Wisdom 2, the second volume of indie-rock/indie-folk from Mount Eerie with Julie Doiron.

Both artists are among my favorites.
11 November 2019, 10:46 AM
Free Madness
I'm really loving Imagine Dragons more and more last few days.
Believer, Monster, Radioactive...epicly written, played and sung, all three of them.
Having fun on YouTube with these guys.

MONSTER--Imagine Dragons

~~Johnny Depp.

12 November 2019, 04:34 PM
xenacrazed
Listening to the Corner Laughers, retro-like power pop on Bandcamp

https://cornerlaughers.com/album/matilda-effect
13 November 2019, 04:19 PM
xenacrazed
Listening to a double CD of calypso music.

i have no link for it, unfortunately.

Maybe it will help melt the snow outside.