Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    What songs are playing on your jukebox?
Page 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 85

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What songs are playing on your jukebox?
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
An older album by the Steeldrivers

A bluegrass band i saw when i was on vaca

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Rob Clarke And The Wooltones

Psychedelic garage rock-power pop

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Van Morrison's new album, "Keep Me Singing"

Van's the man!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Somerdale "Shake It Maggie" album

Crunchy power pop

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
The Steeldrivers

Their 2010 album, bluegrass & Americana

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Norah Jones new album

It's great and she's hot- a new xc wife!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Ken Sharp "New Mourning" album

He's a music journalist and power pop rock artist

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Svvamp

Swedish trio doing hard rock

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Trio- the group made up of Linda Ronstadt, EmmyLou Harris & Dolly Parton

It's a 3 CD comp

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
In the car i was listening to Lou Reed's "Blue Mask" CD. Been picking up some of Lou's albums that i previously didn't have.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Wolf People's new album, "Ruins".

It rocks!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
The Wave Pictures new album

They kinda remind me of the Go-Betweens but more bluesy

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Music did not have the strength it normally does for me this year due to all the grief and depression. Still there are albums and songs i heard that i liked.

i do like the Wailin' Jenny's new album and their cover of "Loves Me Like A Rock"

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
This song never gets old. I especially love it when I'm in love. Big Grin

Golden Earring--RADAR LOVE

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
The new Ibeyi album is pretty good though i prefer their last album which came out a couple years ago.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
That sounds great. I need to check out more of the most recent music of today: a lot of good modern day stuff, even tho I'm a classics geek. Big Grin

Lately I've really been intrigued by the Lost Boys movie soundtrack's "Cry Little Sister" by Gerard McMann. That was the theme song for that movie altho its lyrics sound like they might be inspired by VC Andrews' book series starting with "Flowers in the Attic." Yeah, pretty deep, but emotionally satisfying in a way some 80's tunes tended to be. I really like Aiden's version of it from 2010. More guitar-based rather than synthesizer, which added a rawness to it that worked wonderfully.

Candlebox's song "Far Behind" is epic too!!!

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Curtis/Sutton & The Scavengers

Alt-country & blues from Idaho. They got a mix of bleak lyrics and rollicking music. Their new album came out in August, i think.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Loving the song by AC/DC that I just updated my signature with! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Listening to Nyle Quit The Band. They are a power pop/sunshine pop band and the album "Mother's Dream" is from 2016.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Nadine Shah's new album "Holiday Destination"

This stanza from one of her songs is very true:

"Cruel 2016
Was the year that took our idols
What is there left to inspire us
With a fascist in the white house"

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
"The Unforgettable Fire," is an amazing song by U2 that I think I overlooked. It's really powerful.

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard's "Nonagon Infinity" album. They released 5 new albums last year and have another one coming out next week.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Bruce Springsteen's "Darkness on the Edge of Town" album. Epic and raw. I am making a point to see him live whenever he comes around my way. Last time I saw him was 1985.

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Sharon Jones

Her "Soul of a Woman" album, released late last year after her passing

Excellent soul & funk music

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
The Hazytones

Found a link to their Bandcamp page

They are a new band but they sound like Black Sabbath or Uncle Acid- that type of hard rock