Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    What songs are playing on your jukebox?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 85

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What songs are playing on your jukebox?
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Lately i been diggin into Rachel Unthank. She sings traditional UK folk but not always in a traditional way. Her two albums are utterly fantasic. i didn't think i could get into this sort of folk style much but Rachel has me hooked. Check her out-

Rachel's myspace

Rachel's web site

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Rights now i'm s-listenin to "Good To Be Home" by the Everybodyfields. Alt-country stuffage.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
*sniff* is there anybuddy still here?

anyhoo, i been listenin to a lot of funky instrumentals lately. Shawn Lee. Clutchy Hopkins. Grits. Stereoscope Jerk Explosion. The Bamboos (though they do have vocals sometimes).

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I watched Wilco on Stephen Colbert last week and was intrigued enough to sample some songs. Smile

Not too shabby.

Lately I've been listening to Matt Nathanson. Good stuff.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Been listenin to some rare Afro & Caribbean funk recently. Some really movin' juicy stuff that'll keep ya on ya feet.

Likin' the new Ryan Adams cd and Jenny Lewis' new one, too.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Been listenin to Theresa Andersson who sings these exotic Swedish/New Orleansish stuff which is often pretty good.

Mike Monday's music is electronica and great stuff espesh if ya likes Lemon Jelly & the like-minded stuff.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
oh yesh, i be workin on me best of '08 music soonage like. i knows ya'll will be lookin in fer that. Hey! it ain't easy puttun a list like that together so do look in or else...or else...or else i'll blither on like this 4EVUH! bwa-ha ha-ha!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Now listening to Hollerado's Record in a Bag cd. It's only available as a download for FREE at their website. So i downloaded & burned to cd. Rather have a finsihed product by them & will buy this if it's ever released but til then, it's a great li'l rock album i'm enjoying.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
OOOoooo now listenin' to xc wife Lily Allen's new album, It's Not Me, It's You. Very nice stuff.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Right now listening to "Whistle for Will" by Hot Chip with Robert Wyatt and Geese from a very nice 4 song ep.

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
desert by emilie simon

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
It's Record Store Day all over de world yay!

Right now i'm listenin to Chris Difford (of Squeeze) doing his own solo take on Squeeze's "Up the Junction".

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Cha Cha" by Mulatu Astatke & the Heliocentrics. Just cracked open this new one today n i's a lovin' n a-diggin' the Afro-electro-funk rhythms.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Right now, a cover of "2000 Light Years from Home" by the King Kongs. Dem's mightie fine apes.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Been on a Sonic Youth kick lately and picked up one i surprised i didn't have- Murray Street. i'm hoping to make a Sonic Youth mix-cd sometime soon.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Been diggin the Beatles remasters lately. Picked up the stereo cds & got the mono box on the way.

Aa fer new stuff, Florence & the Machine is pretty majestic stuff. Jessie Evans "Is It Fire" cd is like Afro-Caribbean Latin electronic funk stuff & way excellent.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I was all over the Ting Tings a little while back.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i like the Ting Tings too!

Today been into electronic electronica and hip hop instrumentals. Enemy Earth is a great band & have a great album out called "Interstellar Commute". Must have for aural space travelers!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Lately been listening to:
-some Jamaican music- calypso and early ska stuff
-Aussie funk band Bamboos and their fine vocalist, Kylie Auldist
-Beatles remasters
-Holly Golightly stuff, new & old
-power pop, surf instrumental & Afro-funk

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Today i been listening to Jane Birkin French chanteuse pop stuff. i'm planning to listen to some new funk and some old Sun Ra later.

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
the living end Big Grin

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Now listening to Vic Chesnutt's At the Cut cd. Poor Vic passed today. RIP VC.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Been listening to Jay Reatard last couple days. RIP Jay.

But now i'm listening to Mulatu Astatke's Ethiopian Afro-jazz. Great stuffage!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Right now- "Isabella" by Little Red. Power pop thang with a '50s do-wop thang and a rockabilly thang and a beach soul thang. Very nice!

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
the living end

the presets

two current aussie bands