Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Musical Scroller Gatherings

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Musical Scroller Gatherings
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted
There's a couple of ways this can work. You can put out a general invite for a concert you're already going to. Or if you're thinking about going to a concert, but want company you can post and see if there's any interest in a meeting. As the summer festival season (in the northern hemisphere anyway) is already underway, this could be an opportunity for music loving scrollers to meet up.

No scrollers live in your area? Well, you never know until you put out the information if people are willing to go to your part of the world. Travelling to a concert? Then post and see if there are any locals willing to meet up with you.

an example of the first:

What: Austin City Limits Festival
Where: Austin TX, USA
When: September 14, 15 & 16, 2007
Who's going: Smirk Morgan and at least one non-Scroller buddy.

Additonal Comments: I've got a three day pass and wouldn't mind getting together with Austin folks or anybody else who is interested in going. Awesome line-up includes Bob Dylan, The White Stripes, Bjork, Queens of the Stone Age, Wilco, the Killers, Bloc Party and a lot more. Austin City Limits Festival website

an example of the second:

What: Wolfmother
Where: House of Blues, Dallas TX
When: June 23, 2007 8:30pm
General Comments: Just seeing if there's any interest.

See, it's easy. The above are just examples.

What concerts are you going to this summer? Do you want to use them as an opportunity to meet some of your fellow Scrollers? If so, just add a post here...

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
What: The Black Keys
When: Tuesday June 19, 2007 7pm
Where: Ridglea Theater, Fort Woth TX, USA
Who's going: Smirk Morgan & one non-scroller buddy
General Comments: Just found out about this one today. $15 + $3.50 service=$18.50 total Front Gate Tickets

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Good idea Nora.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
If'n it don't rain Saturday, i'll probably go see Al Green and Spyro Gyro at the Indy Jazz Fest. Not sure about ticket prices. No scrollers around these parts anyhoo. Haven't seen any good concerts upcoming, about all we get round here are old fart acts (though Al Green is always cool) and most worthwhile artists show up on weeknites. Laura Veirs and Mirah are comin' to town but i dun like Mirah and only one song from Veirs. i promise to change my socks more often if decent artists would come to town.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
do you mean wolfmother the australian band?

or is it something totally different?

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Wolfmother

They would appear to be one and the same....

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Just updating:

Austin City Limits Festival-September 14-16.
I've got a 3 day pass and would love to meet up with people in the Austin area. Either at the festival or in a convenient drinking establishment.

Interpol: Dallas TX at the Palladium September 27, 2007
The elusive Sara and I have tix. Kinda depressing, but really cool. Should be a fun night.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
sorry i couldn't hook up with ya, Smirky. 2 and a half hours later, my data entry woes are over.

now for all those other woes...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Not that there's anyone in these parts but...

What: Rilo Kiley
Where: Boston, MA USA
When: September 21, 2007
Who's going: lila997 and at least two non-Scroller buddies

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
http://forecastlefest.com/

Forecastle Festival in Louisville July 12-14

whos' going: maybe xc & his wives

but yer all invited!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post