Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Scroller music association thread

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Scroller music association thread
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
What songs or artists do you think of or associate with scrollers?

It might be a song that was popular when you first started chatting with them, such as Last Kiss by Pearl Jam when i started talkin to SX. Maybe the song title & scroller handle has something to do with it. i think of Ame when i hear Pure Prairie League do Amie and of cuz lila997 with Dylan's Lily, Rosemary & Jack of Hearts.

Maybe it has to do with where the scroller lives or has lived. Mais Que Nada by Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 makes me think of Prof X but then again, that song reminds me of zoom, why, i dun know. Another song that brings zoom to mind is Jimmie Dale Gilmore's version of Across the Alley From the Alamo. That's a mighty cool cover song, too!

i associate The White Stripes Seven Nation Army with Nora, the music of Stereolab with Argy, Madeline Peyroux's last album, "Careless Love", with Tam, and often when i hear Billie Holiday, i'm reminded of Shawn- why, i dun know!

i hear Eno's Energy Fools the Magician and i think BrucE. I heard I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by the Proclaimers recently which i associate with WP9 cuz that song was in the movie "Benny & Joon" which starred WP9's fave, Johnny Depp. I know Madogis likes Bowie so i'm reminded of her when i hear him. If i live to be 100, could i not associate the TwinXenas with the music of their blessed Madonna? But why does What's He Building in There by Tom Waits bring Salem to mind? Ok, i think of Sara when i hear songs from Weezer's "Blue Album".

Journey's Seperate Ways reminds me of tiki as does Styx's Mr. Roboto cuz i remember i said i hated that song and tiki said hey xc i love that song so now it's associated with her nerrrr! The Beatles' Yelow Submarine brings to mind Fallc who "sang" it on the scrolls during a gabris fam thread.

i know there's more songs & artists that remind me of scrollers but i'm too tired to think now and i hope someone else is reminded of other scrollers through music (and posts it here) or i'm gonna feel stoopider than usual! Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xenacrazed,

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
cuz [b]lila997
with Dylan's Lily, Rosemary & Jack of Hearts.

[/b]

Cool! and maybe the fact that it's from Dylan's "Blonde on Blonde" album helped! Razz

And now my attempt...
Indigo Girl's Gone Again reminds me of Ame. There is a line in that says " walked in King's Cross for a while"

The Donna's Take It Off reminds me of Argy. So does Seether (Veruca Salt)

Just about anything by Sister 7 or Dionne Warwick remind me Shawn Smile

Queensryche and 80's hair band music reminds me of tiki. We bonded over the 80's way back when.

Train's Drops of Jupiter reminds me of the big Pasadena con scroller meeting in general. It was popular at the time and I'll ALWAYS think of that California trip when I hear it.

Bowling for Soup's Come Back to Texas makes me think of Sara, zoom, le and Shawn Tracy Chapman's Talkin' Bout a Revolution also reminds me of zoom

Coldplay's Politik ... Tam

Natalie Merchant's Wonder ... TwinXenas

New Slang by The Shins, You Get Me (Michelle Branch) as well as Inside Out by Eve 6 remind me of Arista

No clue why Goodbye Earl reminds me of Nora but I'd love to know.

Another one with no explanation... Dr Hook's Cover of the Rolling Stone makes me think of xc . Also Feline or Famine- probably as much because xc is a cat owner (or rather, is owned by a cat) as the fact that it's by Violet Indiana. Smile

Dancin' In The Moonlight (specifically the Jace/Xena version) reminds me of Prof X

So I Fall Again by Phantom Planet...Salem

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
wow, i haven't really thought about this before Confused

well, four star mary reminds me of tam cause she gave me the cd Smile

do ya wanna? by franz ferdinand reminds me of nora because, well, franz ferdinand... as does heart shaped box by evanescence because of how irate she was to hear about evanescence murdering nirvanaRazz. i like it Smile

that ain't bad by ratcat reminds me of ame because i burnt her a copy of a cd i made, and she complained that in that song, all you can hear is the audience singing, which is what i like about it Big Grin. and i'm thinking that the harry potter theme song reminds me ame too, and maybe kate as well.

there's too many songs that remind me of salem, mainly from singing them with him Razz. and pretty much anything by evanescence and david bowie as well Smile

hm. i'm gonna have to think about this some more.

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
quote:
No clue why Goodbye Earl reminds me of Nora but I'd love to know.

lmao. A classmate of mine from law school *loved* to do that at Karoke. She would bring in her own CD because the bars didn't have it in the catalog yet.

I think I know why it reminds you of me. Ask zoom

Great topic xc I am always thinking of people when I hear certain songs. Too tired to remember 'em right now, alas.

oh wait. Deep Red Bells usually makes me think of xc. Crazy on You always reminds me of kate. Actually any Heart song, lol.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
two words...
Snow. Bird.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i heard God Save the Queen from the Sex Pistols on a mixed tape yesterday and i thought- Herculena!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by llila997:

Too funny that Dionne makes you think of me, because it makes me think of Arista and her dislike of our 'renditions'. Razz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sha-wa-na:
quote:

Too funny that Dionne makes you think of me, because it makes me think of Arista and her dislike of our 'renditions'. Razz

She's just too young to appreciate it. Wink

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
any song by live reminds me of shawn

and now these boots are made for walking will remind me of argy

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Donna's Take It Off reminds me of Argy. So does Seether (Veruca Salt)
Yep, those are pretty much me.

Funnily enough, any Donna's song reminds me of lila997 (very impressive formatting, by the way Big Grin).

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Shinigami
posted Hide Post
Anything by Heart or Bruce Springsteen reminds me of Kate.Smile

Your Hidden Talent

You have the natural talent of rocking the boat, thwarting the system.
And while this may not seem big, it can be.
It's people like you who serve as the catalysts to major cultural changes.
You're just a bit behind the scenes, so no one really notices.

What's Your Hidden Talent?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourhiddentalentquiz/

Posts: 474 | Registered: 20 September 2004Report This Post