Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    david bowie in hospital

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
david bowie in hospital
 Login/Join 
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted
i heard on the radio this afternoon that "rocker" david bowie was taken to hospital after he collapsed during a concert in germany. they said something about a "pinched nerve". i'm not sure what that means exactly, but it doesn't sound fun. i hope he's ok Frown.

maybe it's all just a terrible mistake. maybe nothing's wrong at all...god i hope so. *sniff* davie..Frown

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Oh CRAP! I hope he's okay! Pinched nerve? Sounds painful. My mom thought she had that in her neck once before they discovered it was fibromayalgia. Bleah.Frown Well I hope our davie doesn't get that and i hope he gets well soon! Best wishes to dave! i'll say a prayer.

I'll have to tell my sister. She won't be too pleased.Frown

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
news just in: he had to have "emergencey heart surgery" but he expects to be back at work in a month or so. lets hope so Smile.

if anyone's the prayin' type...

dear god, please look after david bowie and help him to make a quick and painless recovery. amen Smile.

my first scroll-posted prayer. how nice Smile

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
just to make it official, from imdb:

Bowie Recovering from Heart Surgery

Veteran rocker David Bowie underwent heart surgery last month after axing the remainder of his European tour with severe shoulder pain. The star was rushed to hospital in Germany, days after collapsing on stage in the Czech Republic on June 23, with what was reported to have been a pinched nerve. However, his spokesman has now revealed the singer underwent an angioplasty procedure to treat "an acutely blocked artery". But the representative has assured fans that Bowie - who had a mesh-like metal device inserted into his artery during the complicated procedure - is making a good recovery. He says, "He is at home in New York convalescing with his wife and daughter." Surgeons operated on Bowie after he struggled thorough his performance at the Hurricane Festival in Schessel on June 25. The singer was released from St Georg Hospital in Hamburg earlier this week.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Phew!
Amen indeed.
Be well, David, stay around, you're needed here on earth, you're one of the last of the great bards!Smile

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post