Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Melissa Etheridge diagnosed w/ breast cancer

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Melissa Etheridge diagnosed w/ breast cancer
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
From Reuters:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rock singer Melissa Etheridge has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has cut short her North American concert tour to undergo surgery, her publicist said on Friday.
Etheridge, 43, said in a statement that the cancer was detected early and that she is "looking forward to a quick and full recovery."

"I am fortunate to be under a wonderful doctor's care and thankful that this was caught early," she said. The statement said doctors described her prognosis as "excellent."

Etheridge's publicist said the recording artist has canceled the remaining 11 dates on her tour, including stops in Quebec, Washington, D.C., New York and California, to deal with her illness. Refunds for tickets to those shows can be obtained where they were purchased.

The Kansas-born singer-songwriter, known for such hits as "Come to My Window" and "I'm the Only One," has sold more than 25 million records. Her latest album, "Lucky," was released in February.

The raspy-voiced singer made headlines and became a hero in the gay community in 1993 when she publicly revealed that she is a lesbian. In 2000, she revealed that fellow rocker David Crosby was the biological father of her children.

© Reuters 2004. All Rights Reserved.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Here's wishing Melissa a real speedy & full recovery and getting back on the road singing her great tunes.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Addict
Picture of Ditie
posted Hide Post
God Bless...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Filthy..Gorgeous..Dirty..Nasty !!

Posts: 108 | Location: Shrops, England | Registered: 09 September 2004Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Shinigami
posted Hide Post
Dude, that sucks. Frown

I know she'll be fine. Smile

It is Breast Cancer month. Let's show our support and help find the cure.

Your Hidden Talent

You have the natural talent of rocking the boat, thwarting the system.
And while this may not seem big, it can be.
It's people like you who serve as the catalysts to major cultural changes.
You're just a bit behind the scenes, so no one really notices.

What's Your Hidden Talent?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourhiddentalentquiz/

Posts: 474 | Registered: 20 September 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Amen, Melisa.
She got it early. THat's the important thing.

She'll be in my prayers. Smile

Rock on!

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post