Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Ray Charles

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Ray Charles
 Login/Join 
Scroller
posted
WHOA ! Confused I'm not sure if it's true, but I heard a rumor that Ray Charles passed today . . . I'm not the biggest fan, but it's still sad. Frown

Posts: 9 | Location: Little L.A. | Registered: 04 June 2004Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Yep, he was 73.

Man, could that man belt out a tune. RIP

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I hate to hear that. He was a great singer. I'd read that he was in poor health but that he was going to sing some of his most well known songs as duets with Van Morrison, Norah Jones, Elton John, etc on a cd this summer. His was the only version of America the Beautiful that i liked. And I loved that 'Hit The Road Jack' era music he did most of all. What a true original he was. RIP Ray.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
dude was a classic--loved his bluesy, jazzy, gravelly style. he'll be missed...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Herculena
posted Hide Post
I loved Ray Charles to bits. Dang, I think a good 90% of the people I listen to are dead.

I wasn't surprised to hear about the liver, for he'd been a junkie for a long time. Jaundice and cirrhosis is a hazard what with using the same needle over and over and after one has been clean for awhile the liver sometimes likes to remind one, 'hey, I remember what you did to me'.

Posts: 335 | Location: East Hallelujah!, IL | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Oh that's just sad. Frown

The thing I remember most about Ray Charles was watching him sing songs in just one take. They used to call him a one take wonder because he could do that so frequently.

I remember the cola ads he did, as well. Not to mention his spot in the Blues Brothers film.

He seemed like a genuinely fun guy.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post