Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    world idol

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
world idol
 Login/Join 
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted
did anyone watch world idol? if so, who do you think should win it?

i like guy, of course, but i don't think i'd be dissapointed if canada, belgium (nirvana), or norway (U2) won.

the nirvana boy rocks. he's not too bad on they eyes either Wink

--------------------------------------

JAMES:*facing impending doom* whoever said beauty doesn't last must have been thinking of us.

Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
OMGs! I watched it!

I think Kelly should win. She is the best!

...gawds! it is sooooo bloody embarrassing that the stupid German guy kinda represents Austria aswell.*MAJOR YUCK*

We Austrians couldnt send our own star for whatever reason and it just sucks! he can actually sing and is a great musician!

But this awful German guy is just soooo horrible!!! *VOMIT*

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I took notes in my new planner with the New Yorker pages Smile

My favorites, in order of appearance, were Australia, Canada, Pan Arab countries, Belgium, the UK, and Norway. I meant to vote for all of them, but after the first vote (which happened to be Guy just because of the order) the battery went dead on my cordless phone. I meant to charge it for a little while and then vote more but I forgot, what with playing The Simpsons during commercials of History Channel bible shows. So, Guy got my only vote.

I think Kelly might win, but I feel she should sing it clean now and then. I'm sick of the trills. Will Young or Guy could win, though. Maybe the Norwegian.

Was it the German who did Maniac? I don't think he has the best voice, but I liked his performance.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
My favourite performances were Guy, Kelly and Will. Not sure who I'm going to vote for though. The Pan-Arab girl was also good, I just wish I knew what she was singing. Sounded nice though, whatever it was.

Also, I don't like the Poland judge.

What time is the live announcing of the winner show on in other countries? It's on here at 6:30am January 2nd. I'll probably get up to watch it, just because it'll be cool to watch something that's live around the world Smile

---------------

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I forgot to say that Kelly was one of my favorites, too. We couldn't vote for her so I didn't write her into my notes Wink

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i feel like i'm finally apart of eurovision. all those years thinking "what's the point? i can't vote and i have no one to represent me" have come to an end. hooray for world idol! Big Grin

the australian hosts should have been hosting this thing. and there should have been more of our judge. i'm not biased, australians are just plain better than everyone else. it's a scientific fact. although, our judge is technically english...eh, he's still better than everyone else. hay for heitie voting for guy! it was a sign that your phone cut out. the gods want guy to win Wink

JAMES:*facing impending doom* whoever said beauty doesn't last must have been thinking of us.

Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
Yep,the German guy is the one who did "Maniac"!
Gawds,he is so horrible!!!

I mean,he jumped around like a lil bunny on pot!!
So embarrassing!

He's always been embarrassing but the worst is that most pple think that he represents not only Germany but also Austria and thats a major humiliation!

*YUCK YUCK YUCK*

...but YAY! for Kelly! She is awesome!!! Smile

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I voted for the Belgian man and the Pan Arabic woman.

To me they had the best combined vocals and performances.

I thought most of the judges comments were bloody stupid, but I guess that's what a lot of viewers like to see.

The worst performers were (by far) the "maniac" on the floor Wink and the Polish lass. That song was all wrong for her.

I thought the guy from the UK sucked. Stupid comments all 'round, there. We don't care about how many albums he's sold. We wanna know if his performance was any good, thanks very much.

I liked the Polish judge. He had a sense of humour. Oh yeah, I liked the last guy too. Can't remember where he was from. I thought Dicko's comment that he looked like a "hobbit" was just plain rude. No need for that.

We shall see what we shall see.

~~~~~~~~~~

Who did you think I would be? - HA! - well you got me instead.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
If Guy doesn't win, I'll be happy if Ryan (Canada) or the South African dude would win. I do not what Kelly to win!

But what i want to happen is different from what i think will happen. I reckon it's honestly a toss up between Guy and Kelly. They are both wonderful singers. Ryan was pretty good, also. Same with Kurt (but he doesn't have the needed "look"). Will Young does have the "look" but his performance was soooooo boring lol.

I don't know why but i have a feeling Kelly will win.

Forever young......

Posts: 538 | Location: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: 28 July 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
kelly will win because everyone in australia who isn't us will vote for her. she's so unpleasantly popular, and that's what the whole thing is about.

i think it was the belgium guy who said that "popular" is what ever sells, so there may yet be hope for an "underdog" to shine through.

in fact, i think i have to point out my 3 favourite coments of the night:

a) "it's not like they (the judges) went to a school to learn how to be judges - they're just tv actors" - cananda guy
b) "porpular music is what ever sells" - belgium guy
c) "i don't care what the judges say, it's the audience that matters" - australian "guy" Razz

proabably all misquoted, but some very profound things to remember in that lot.

yes, the hobbit remark was rude, but not entirely uncalled for. i honestly couldn't believe that that voice was coming from that face. i'm not saying i found him really ugly, it just seemed mis-matched to me. it took me ages for my brain to put it together. i still can't believe it properly. it's so wierd.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
If Milli Vanilli taught us nothing else they showed that "beautiful" voices don't come from "beautiful" faces.

If Kissing Jessica Stein taught us nothing else it showed that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If Forest Gump taught us nothing else it showed that stupid is as stupid does.

~~~~~~~~~~

Who did you think I would be? - HA! - well you got me instead.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i didn't mean that, i just meant that my own personal brain didn't register that the face went with voice. he looked like a member of an english boy band and had a sort of pure innocence about him that just didn't seem to go with the gutsy, gritty power of his voice. it had nothing to do with him being beautiful or not. i think a pair of bono-esque sunnies would have helped Cool

~ if lord of the rings taught us anything, it's that a hobbit definitely can have the voice of an angel *blissful sigh* Smile

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I did not vote-- watched it on tape.
I like Norway. Also, the Pan Arab contestant has a lovely voice.

I still like Kelly but more for her personality than her voice at this point. I am kinda over the trills.

I think it will be a close race between Kelly, Guy and Kurt from Norway.

I wouldn't be disappointed if Canada or Belgium did well.

----------------------------------

"We are constantly invited to be who we are." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
just over 7 hours till the verdict. *tense*

i don't know how i want this to go. i'm so mixed up Frown

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I just remembered the verdict show is on, so i have flicked it on, just for the heck of it.

I didn;t watch the first show, but i caught the recaps of the last few, the guy before Kelly was the first one i saw.

Pity, i wanted to see how Guy compared to the rest, and so i could see who i thought had the best voice etc.

========================

Sanctimonius Stooge

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post