Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Patrice Pike on Rockstar: SuperNova
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Patrice Pike on Rockstar: SuperNova
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted
Thought Tam, lila and QB (and anyone else I've gotten to listen to Patrice) would like this.

Looks like Patrice Pike made the cut and is one of the 15 finalist selected for "Rock Star: SuperNova". Last nights hour and a half show was the first and she did Austin proud. Easily one of the top 5 performances of the night, she sang Jefferson Airplane's "Somebody To Love" and NAILED IT! Came out fighting showing some vicious range.

Tonight is the elimination show, so you'll only be seeing the worst 3 of the 15 perform, but they may show clips from last night.

I have to say she's got some damn good competition. Dilana's version of "Lithium" blew me away (and damn if she isn't a sexy little thang) and Lucas Rossi's "Rebel Yell" may have been the best of the evening. If not the best, the most individual.

Also - I'm trying to find a copy of Dilana's CD Wonderfool, but haven't had much luck. Found one site in EnZed selling it, but was hoping someone here may share a site they use to find obscure music. I know she was big in the UK, so any suggestions?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
thanks for the heads up Smile
*mustnotforgettotivo*mustnotforgettotivo*mustnotforgettotivo*

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to say she's got some damn good competition. Dilana's version of "Lithium" blew me away (and damn if she isn't a sexy little thang) and Lucas Rossi's "Rebel Yell" may have been the best of the evening. If not the best, the most individual.

yep yep---agree 100%. Patrice, Dilana & Lucas were 3 of maybe 4 or 5 who didn't seem like polished karaoke singers...and i may never be able to hear "Roxanne" without cringing again. Sting should get double royalties for that butchering rendition...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
AHH! I turned it on late (and off early) but I KNEW that was her!
So cool! I am definitely going to catch it now.
Wonder if last night will be repeated later this week or wekend as the networks tend to do lately? For once, I hope so!

Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Found this banner floating around on line

Fun!

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i'm pondering the sanity of a show that features the performances of the bottom 3 contestants. that was kinda gruesome...

at least we got to see Dilana again!

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
I'm quite smitten with lil' Miss Dilana. I think a road trip to Houston to see her may be in order, but I doubt she'll be playing the small bars anymore.

I'm hoping they let them do some of their original stuff. I'd like to see Patrice do Bottle Rocket on a big stage.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
New show tonight. First time in a while I've been excited about something on TV - well except for new eps on Bones blush

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i've decided to get attatched to phil. he seems nice, and i like that he sang switchfoot. it gives me hope that he may pull out some semisonic somewhere down the line Smile

for some reason i think we may be on delay in australia. last year they had the concert on wednesday and then the eviction on thrusday, but this time we get the concert thursday and the eviction on sunday. it seems odd.

anyway, i think that chris should have gone last week. even though he's hot, and i did like what he did to "roxanne," i thought "L.A. woman" was terrible. "take me out" wasn't much better. learn to sing, damn it!!

goes without saying that dilana is the best, but i'd still like to hear more from phil Smile

lukas scares me.

--------------------------------------

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
it's going to take another week of watching to pick out a favorite
but i'm not sure what everyone is seeing in toby

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
everyone digs aussies Wink

but yeah, i don't really get it either.

and also, we're not on delay any more - woo! it must have just been a one off last week for some reason.

i think the right decision was made.

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Toby is by far one of the better male singers.

I would have rather seen Zayra (the Shakira wanna be) go byebye. I could at least watch Chris without cringing. (Well maybe a little)

I think they could easily get rid of half of them now. It's a ROCK band made up of guys from Metal bands, what are some of these folks thinking?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
zayra definitely needed to go
why keep her after watching her perform the same song twice?

cwis has a pwoblem wif hiss pierfed tonguh

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i'll defintiely be recording it so i can skip about 2/3 of the performers at this point.

selena jr. was at least better the second time. cwis's pierfed tonguh wasn't his only pwoblem...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Thank god for Tivo. I did not have to cringe through most of those train wrecks.
Also, I kinda feel like Zayra got a stay of excecution partly because she talks back to the judges and ups the 'entertainment' factor in that respect. Don't know why that surprises me. It is, after all, first and foremost a TV show.

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tickled: cwis has a pwoblem wif hiss pierfed tonguh

Oh how I needed that!

Drama sells. Just ask LIVE, they wrote a song about it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
*hugs dilana* Big Grin

*pashes phil* blush

*nods at lukas from a safe distance...* o.o

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
SPOILER if you TIVO-ed and did not watch tonight's ep yet *coughTamcough* Wink
WTF????!! Zayra is still in???? Again I say...errr...abbreviate, WTF???
I stand by my earlier statement. drama drama drama.
On another note (pun intended), Patrice sang for her supper and delivered Radiohead. Yay. Finally. I was a little worried. Last night during her performance I was yelling at the TV "stop smiling, Patrice! Stop IT! Stop. Smiling."
I think she heard me.

Wink

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
just finished watching

phil gives his "best performance" and gets kicked off.. zayra sings a crappy version of 'not an addict' and gets to stay
okay who is sleeping with zayra?!? (or who isn't?)

patrice did an great job of saving her bootie
storm was awesomesome

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
oh, well i'm glad i read this before watching it. i don't think i would have been a very nice person to live with if i had have witness phil being ejected without warning... at least this way i have time to prepare myself...

there goes one of the only two people i'm remotely interested in Roll Eyes

but yes, storm was good (concert night - i assume she got the encore? she deserved the encore Smile)

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Yes, Storm got the encore.