Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Patrice Pike on Rockstar: SuperNova
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Patrice Pike on Rockstar: SuperNova
 Login/Join 
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:
Last night during her performance I was yelling at the TV "stop smiling, Patrice! Stop IT! Stop. Smiling."
I think she heard me.

Wink

i've been doing that for 2 weeks! and then i missed her performance last night dammit. between my dvr being wonky & damnable human error i've managed to miss more than i've seen. fortunately i know someone who actually remembers thing like checking show times & setting their dvrs... Big Grin smash Roll Eyes

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
well yep, she was great again. and supernova can kiss my a$$. if they're going to making crap decisions like that, they don't even deserve to have someone as good as phil in their band. i hope he gets his own band together and kicks the sh*t out of them on the charts. and he will. i have confidence. he should come to australia. we appreciate his brilliance -_-

--------------------------------------

Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the beauty of gray:
and then i missed her performance last night dammit.

you can see performance clips at
http://rockstar.msn.com/

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "Goatbrielle" (by order of Ame):
well yep, she was great again. and supernova can kiss my a$$. if they're going to making crap decisions like that, they don't even deserve to have someone as good as phil in their band. i hope he gets his own band together and kicks the sh*t out of them on the charts. and he will. i have confidence. he should come to australia. we appreciate his brilliance -_-

You are serious aren't you? You really liked Phil???? I could hardly stand to watch him anymore than Zayra. He's a thick tongued mumbling bobble head. I have one word for him - ENUNCIATION!

Patrice FINALLY looked and acted normal on stage. I've been seeing her live in Austin for 10+ years and although she's been nailing her performances vocally, she just hasn't been the Patrice we're used to.

In the end, she may not be right for them, but at least she got to show her shit to the world.

I still ADORE Dilana!!!! Storm rocked my world and I was damn proud of Dana. She's taken a truckload of shit from them all and handled it well.

I detested Ryan's version of I Alone - one of my favorite songs. Lucas has yet to disappoint, but he seems more like a solo artist. Vocally, I like Toby, but I don’t find his sound right for what they are doing - same with Josh. Good vocalists but more a solo feel. So far for the guys Magni and Lucas are my boys.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shawn,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
this damn this is replying funky

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
Phil made my ears hurt...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
didn't like phil, but zayra was worse
magni is good imo
josh is good, but in the wrong contest
liked dilana's cyndi .. haven't enjoyed all her performances though (sorry shawn)
ryan sings okay, but he has 0 personality
i don't think toby sings well at all, but he gets by b/c he's cute and has the accent
lucas seems 1 dimensional vocally, but he has 'the look'
dana has a good voice.. she seems inexperienced, but the others need to stop picking on her (what's the point of it if they believe she's not a threat?)

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
dilana is head & shoulders above the rest of the competition imo. voice, personna, performance... she rules.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
phil did a really weird performance of "one headlight" but i love his voice. he sounds like a lot of the stuff i listen to. eg, end of fashion, semisconic, switchfoot... i'd go so far as to say he reminds me of the killers and franz ferdinand (even though i'm sure nora would kill me if she read such things). i'm just not too into the real heavy rock, so he was nice for me. also, i found him attractive Smile.

i think if they could end the competition now and take dilana, they would. so now the eliminations are just about keeping the people who spark interest with the audience, whether it be through talent, looks, or controversy.

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Tam-tamany, Tam-tamany Tam Tam Ta Rooo it's diversity that makes the world go 'round. It would be a pretty dull place if we all liked the exact same things. Don't you think?

Okay, so let's take a survey.
Who is your favorite singer so far...
as a stand alone?

and as a front man/woman for the new band?
They don't have to be on the show any longer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shawn,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
done said it...
dilana

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
A few thought on tonight's performances...

Lukas, where oh where have the lyrics gone?
UGGGGHHHH!

Brave choice of Patrice to pick the Tommy Lee song. We'll see how that works out for her.

Zayara, please go home.

I like Dilana.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
lukas (where's the audience?) and zayra (where's my clothes?) can both go home

ryan was surprisingly good

magni seemed way off key

dana is getting better

dilana's pants were hot

storm and patrice are still my favorites

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Just turned on the TIVO to catch the last 2 perform. Storm was quite good.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
Ryan had a lot of territory to make up after that murder of "I Alone" last week...but i really liked his selelction this week. he really pulled it off. Storm was really good, too.

Jill...ouch.
Dana...one of my all time favorite songs...she didn't suck.
Lukas...yikes. that was pretty bad
Patrice was good, but i'm starting to have personality issues with her i think...i know girlfriend's been a pro for a while now, but i'm sensing an arrogance that ain't too pretty...
Mr. White-boy Soul was good i guess...i just don't like that kind of music and no way he's a front guy for Supernova
Storm was really really good
Magni was off, but maybe seeing his family will jump start him
Dilana is still totally awesome
that's leaving some out...apparently too forgetable to rememebr after a night's sleep...not good...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Well, that was interesting. Patrice's choice took balls, but I just don't know if she's right for this. I wish they'd let her do some of her own stuff damn it. Hell, let them all.

Lukas, was original in the beginning, but it's individuality seems to be one dimensional. I think Tam was right about him.

Ryan - ew. I still can't stand him. Liked his performance for the first time, but had to look away and just listen. He gives me a huzzz - same kind of huzzz that I get from Jerry Seinfeld.

Storm. Ooof! I like her more and more each week. Hell even after watching last night's ep I'm still singing Anything from the week before.

Dana getting better all the time. There's something about her I like. In some ways I think she's more genuine than a lot of the others. She may not be rough around the edges yet, but she is what she is.

Dilana. Love her. and yes, those might have been the sexiest pants I have ever seen in my life. Not usually a fan of that look, but HELLO HONEY!

Toby - eh.

Soulboy - he's obviously talented and that was a favorite song of mine but he should have been on American Idol, not this. Maybe HE should be singing that f***ing Possibilities song. Dear lord make it stop!!!!!

Magni - not my fav performance of his.

Jill - Woo Hooo Karoke night at Hooters!!! Woo Hoo!!! WTF was that? She isn't really rock and she sure as Hell isn't anywhere close to Taylor Dayne or Anastasia. Gilby was right, it was uncomfortable to watch.

Zayra actually cracked me up. That was hideously bad.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
oh dear...that wasn't the bottom three i'd have picked...

you think Patrice's personality is costing her votes? i do. looks to me like Ms Pike's uppity Dallas roots are showing through that Austin dye-job--no way should she be on the chopping block and Shafreaka be safely seated.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
dana going home instead of zayra or lukas is BS

i think supernova likes over confidence

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beauTifully tragic,

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
I agree that Patrice is a bit snooty - always has been, but she nor dana deserved to be there last night.

That was disturbing.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i boycotted the event, and after hearing that dana went home when she was clearly getting stronger, i stand by my decision. i did happen to catch the tail-end of ryan's performance which i thought was good - it actually made me come in from another room to see it. i checked in on dilana and wasn't impressed, and i saw storm as well - it was good but that's one of my favourite bowie songs, so it takes a lot for me to hear anyone but him sing it and think "wow."

supernova need to lay off the drugs for a few weeks.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
Supernova's not on drugs...but i think a lot of the people "voting worldwide" are...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with next week as they are now expected to write some lyrics for that Supernova track.

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
not sure what happened to the lyric writing, but..

what language was zayra singing in?

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
yes...and that was her best performance...

i think the band is stringing Ryan along. i thoght they were laughing at him during the performance, but they're always complimentary afterwards. hmmmm... personally, i wasn't impressed. he could sure take a lesson from Magni (my vote for tomorrow's encore) on how to sing a Live song...

Dilana was awesome as always. actually dug Toby tonight. Josh (is that his name...), too.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
zayra.. i guess she was going for the david bowie look.. i understood maybe 2 words she said

dilana.. good for her.. way to be proactive.. i enjoyed her performance

jill.. interesting direction.. i think it suited her

storm.. not my favorite performance, but good job with a legendary anthem

josh.. again great voice.. i agree with tommy about not liking him standing still like that.. kinda boring

magni.. great job on the Live song.. much improved from last week.. (wonder if shawn liked it)

patrice.. nice job, but didn’t stand out like the others.. she may have benefited from performing earlier in the show

toby.. i actually liked him .. it’s a first

lukas.. the end was pretty good.. the beginning sucked.. i’m not digging him

ryan.. the heavy part was good.. the soft part was bad.. the makeup was good.. the mohawk hoody was bad.. love that song, but overall didn’t enjoy his version..