Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Patrice Pike on Rockstar: SuperNova
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Patrice Pike on Rockstar: SuperNova
 Login/Join 
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
so how's this work now? America still picks the bottom 3 and then Supernova tosses one of them and picks from among the rest? i noticed Dilana was atop the voting at the start. i even voted for her a couple times...first i voted all season.

i also noted Lukas was #2...still don't see the attraction. doubt i ever will.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
ryan and lukas.. thank goodness for tivo and FF

not sure how the voting/choosing thing will work

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
eek. Ryan. totally skipped that. ackackack.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Well, that was interesting.

Dilana did much better and I dug her version of Roxanne. Still not too big on her original.

One thing I had to tell myself was yes, the voting public picked Ryan, but they also picked Bush.

I miss Stormy. Just not the same without her.

Out of all of the originals we have heard on the show I still like Storm's best, then Magni's, Toby's, Patrice's then the others.

I really like Magni's original and I'm pretty blown away that they liked Lukas' better.

In the end I think they'll choose Lukas. They can boss him around.

on another note, I'm pissed off becuase it looks like they might have shut down Storm's message board. Looks as though CBS is really being tight about it all, even things that were on the web prior to the show.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
What I loved: The mystery of Brooke's ever appearing and disappearing baby bump. What's up with that? Previous padding? Weird lighting? Good wardrobe? Weird.

What I hated: The fact that the "first performance as Supernova with their new lead singer" was pre-recorded.
Also, their new lead singer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lila997,

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
lukas must have slept his way to the top
for he truly can't sing
i can't believe i watched all summer so that spaz could win

i hope dilana's album sells better than supernova's

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I can't believe I am saying this but I kinda feel like I would have been okay with Toby winning. Not as okay as w/ Dilana but I was okay with his last few performances.
Just not Lukass.
Ugh.
Not happy.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
BAAAAAAAAH!

bah.
it should have ended Dilana, Magni, Toby, Pukas. my sentiments matched Tam's--i watched all summer for this???

and so did Lukas know already he'd won? when did they tape the performance with S'nova? i too hope Dilana's album smokes 'em.

did i mention BAH!!!!! ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zoom,

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
I've learned a lot about the show from reading some other boards. The live shows we've been watching are taped over way more than an hours time and I think they are actually recorded on Sunday, but I can't remember. If you watch closely, there is a lot of editing. All of the Supernova's performances have been prerecorded with different lighting, sound, camera angles etc. The production crew needs all the help they can get to keep Gilby from looking like South Park Jesus.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i like lukas. i was glad that he beat dilana. i think that toby would have done a better job of fronting them though. he knows how to work a crowd. all i can think is that his voice wasn't unique enough to set the band apart. he sounds a bit like another aussie singer (from idol...) called shannon noll.

having said that, if it was unique they wanted, then dilana would have been the better choice. i still don't like her, but there's no denying the girl can sing.

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Yeah it was clear all season that the Supernova performances were prerecorded. I mean, not only was the wardrobe sometimes inconsistent (note Luk-ass' sunglasses switcheroo in the finale) but the audience is completely different. I assumed that the "live" performances were also taped and edited but it didn't bother me becuase at least they performed live in front of the studio audience so oh well.

Gimly...lol...love that. That hair...eek. It is slowly morphing into a mullet, I think.

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
You noticed the glasses too, huh?

All in all, I enjoyed it. I watched most of last season and I liked this season way better. At first I thought it may have been because I grew tired of hearing INXS songs mutilated, then I decided it was because I really dug a lot of the performers this year. The only one I really remember standing out from last season was Jordis(?).

I have some new folks to watch out for. Dilana and Magni, but most of all Storm. I'm hoping I have two of her CDs in my mailbox when I get home. OOOF!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
lol, love the sig tag line, Tam. Number 3 from the list.

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
My email has sparked sig lines! I'm so proud!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
What every Dilana fan needs
Only $300 with 6 days left!

Tam, I think these are your size. Wink

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Looks like she got in a fight with the sales clerk at Hobby Lobby!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
and lost!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Dilana was on Ellen DeGeneres yesterday (or maybe Friday?). She sang Roxanne (acoustic)and rocked it. Toby and Magni were in the audience cheering her on. or maybe they were just there under contract to make it look good/promote the upcoming Rockstar Supernova tour or some such thing.

--------------
edited cause after rereading it I decided to go back and change the first line to "Dilana was on the Ellen Degeneres Show yesterday" to clarlify myself and as to not start an Ellen/Dilana love affair rumor. But then I changed my mind and left it as is to satisfy dirty little scroller minds Wink.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:

edited cause after rereading it I decided to go back and change the first line to "Dilana was on the Ellen Degeneres Show yesterday" to clarlify myself and as to not start an Ellen/Dilana love affair rumor. But then I changed my mind and left it as is to satisfy dirty little scroller minds Wink.

not the least of which being your own, apparently... Razz

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
But, of course... Big Grin