Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Patrice Pike on Rockstar: SuperNova
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Patrice Pike on Rockstar: SuperNova
 Login/Join 
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
YES

so glad to be done with Ryan. thank the gods he's gone before he tortures another of my favorite songs. may the words of Pete Townshend never pass his lips again.

no one really impressed tonight. of the bottom 3 anyway. liked Toby. Lukas was more tolerable than usual and was better than i expected fronting Supernova. i still wanna hear Magni's I Alone...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
yeah i know, thanks. but that's not nearly as much fun as rewatching it with a friend, now is it...? Big Grin

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
ahh subtle manipulation
the question is whether said friend is reading this

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
it's not manipulation if they invite you... Wink

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Thank whatever powers there are that Ryan went home. I can't believe they let him stay this long, the guy was a joke. Could he have taken any longer climbing up those amps? Maybe if he shaved he might find work as a taller stand in for Ben Stiller.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
my how the mighty have fallen.

Lukas...i think he's replaced Ryan as the guy Supernova secretly (semi...) laughs at while still saying he's great. his original was more a cry for help than a rock song, eh?

Magni....good but not great. liked his original. he just didn't grab me this time.

Dilana...turns out she's a killer cover artist, but no songwriter. mix in a metaphor, sweetie...

Toby...his energy is infectious. and his song sounded like a hit. i can imagine it being overplayed to the point that i hate it.

Storm...oh hell yeah. my fave original song of the night (heh--i bet Patrice wishes she wrote that song...). i have a feeling she gets to sing with the band tonight. what the what...?

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
pretty much agree with everything zoomie said

but i think the show is trying to drown dilana

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
BAH!

in all honesty, and i really really like Dilana, i think i would've taken Storm over Dilana this week, soley based on Tuesday's performances. but Lukas...? are they truly enamored with him, or is it a mater of the fact he's never been bottom 3, so they're paying attention to the voting public...? no way in hell he wins.

guess now i hope for a Dilana comeback. or Magni (who i feel is the front-runner with the band).

BAH! i say...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zoom,

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i really liked lukas' version of "living on a prayer" and i thought his original was nice, but not the sort of stuff i see supernova doing.

toby looks to be the logical choice at the moment, but then i haven't been paying all that much attention to magni. i wasn't overly impressed by him this week.

i kind of don't like dilanna anymore. she's still a greate singer but her personality is just... too like mine, to be honest Razz

storm was excellent. "wish you were here" made me cry (as it usually does). i'd have taken storm over dilanna.

--------------------------------------

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
At first I was way pissed, but then I realized something. Storm will have a much better career WITHOUT Supernova! I had a moment on Tuesday when I finally figured out WHY I liked Storm so much - Annie Lennox. Not her looks, not the way she performs, but her voice, sound, intonations, even style of vocal. She can rock out, but her voice is a little too good to just wail all the time.

My bud Eric had said how Patrice was way to complicated for them. Same deal here. Both Storm and Patrice and Soul Boy too, for that matter... all way to complicated musically for them. As entertaining as Lukas can be, the more I hear him the more I think there is no way I could listen to him for more than one or two songs. And him performing his original again - can we say ‘unprepared’?

In the end, I think Toby will get the gig. Would like to see Dilana or Magni, but I think Toby has the job.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by De'vine Misconception:
As entertaining as Lukas can be,

ack gag

quote:
the more I hear him the more I think there is no way I could listen to him for more than one or two songs.

word

quote:
And him performing his original again - can we say ‘unprepared’?

lol.. exactly what i said last night

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
In the eloquent speech styling of Sir Little Richard, I would like to say...

Storm Large makes my big toe stick up in my boot.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by De'vine Misconception:
In the eloquent speech styling of Sir Little Richard, I would like to say...

Storm Large makes my big toe stick up in my boot.

Bwhahahahaha!!!!! You're killin' me here!

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
I have never wanted to be a guitar until now.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
ooof

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
it's fun to read back and see how my opinion changes after more from each singer. I mave have to get this on DVD when it comes out. There truly have been some amazing performances.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
I actually had a dream about Storm last night and not THAT kind of dream.

Not sure why I felt the need to share that.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
'Mental' and 'health' are two words that don't usually go well together around me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post