Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Kelly Clarkson

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Kelly Clarkson
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
I've reviewed the tapes and am now convinced that Kelly Clarkson was robbed of the title of World Idol.

The gal can sing.

Also, I think I have developed an unseemly addiction to the video clip for "The Trouble With Love".

Hopefully there is no cure.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Legend
posted Hide Post
I REALLY liked "Miss Independent". I try to sing that one in my car, and make myself wince LOL.

I just hope she can get a better grasp on singing in front of an audience. In the live version of "Miss Independent", she was kind of off key and singing too strenuously. My friend who saw her in concert said she did the same thing there.

FEAR THE SWINE

Posts: 144 | Location: NC | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Argy McBargy:
...am now convinced that Kelly Clarkson was robbed of the title of World Idol.

The gal can sing.

Word. Have you seen the bit of American Idol when she sang "I Surrender" with a sore throat? My goodness.

Plus there was the Big Band episode...

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
*sigh* Kelly Clarkson. God's gift to the music industry.

If you can't tell, I'm in agreement. Wink

I'm with you Heitie, her singing of "I Surrender" was idol-worthy...she gave me chills even with the occasional cracking, and drew emotion out of me I hadn't succumbed to until that moment.

"Walk on By" also is an honorable mention... the judges may not have been "thrilled" by it, but that song got STUCK in my head for weeks. I loved it so much. And I love the way she sang it.

Oh... and "Stuff Like That There"... *senseless babble* Big Grin

~Gabber

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness I'm not the only one whe really likes her. I just hope that she's not limited/branded by being and Idol. That girl has a set of pipes.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<mons>
posted
I've been bit by the Kelly-bug too! I heard a new song of hers on the radio the otherday and i kept missing the name of the artist! i listened to the texture of her voice, and loved it and couldn't put the voice to the face... then i heard it was her and i was like "OF COURSE!" i just didn't know she had a new song out... i think it's new. anyway, i like the "feel" of her voice. very ... cool.

yeah, i hope she lives past idol too! and ditto on the live. not her gig quite yet. Razz i have her first album. pretty good... but she has some room to grow--cause sometimes she can just be kinda loud-- but imagine when she really captures her niche.. nitch... nich... whatever.

mons

Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Best. Singer. Ever. (shut up xc) Wink

I love her new song, Breakaway. It's off some Lindsay Lohan Duffbeer Simpson soundtrack. It's so "Wide Open Spaces" but leaves the Dixi chicks in back on the farm.

I saw her live and she is amazing! She's on the Michelle Branch vibe with the look and plays guitar. When she sings the song Beautiful Disaster the way she wanted too (without the peppy beat in the background) slow and only with the piano... it's goosebumpy time.

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
I love her new song too! It is called "Breakaway." I didn't know about it until one of my best friends gave me a link to a MP3 of it. Now I can't stop playing 'cause I think it's one of her better songs.

And oh, I'm right there with you, False Hope... Kelly sang "Beautiful Disaster" slow and with just piano on the American Idol 3 season finale, and I swear...they should have done the song like that on the album. Really. When I heard it that way, I was captivated. It took an "eh" song to a whole new level. Those lyrics and that melody line deserved an arrangement like that.

But man, that song gives me goosebumps too. When she did it on AI, I just kept rewinding it and watching it again because it was so beautiful...and she was so beautiful singing it.

It makes you remember why you fell in love with the girl in the first place on the first American Idol. I think the majority of her album didn't do her justice personally. That performance? It did.

~Gabber

Scroll Legend
posted Hide Post
I just heard Breakaway this week. It is SO good! Much better than a lot of the other pop crap most of the stations are playing now. Go Kelly!

FEAR THE SWINE

Posts: 144 | Location: NC | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Y'know, I think I finally figured it out... why Breakaway sounds so good. Kelly doesn't oversing on it -- she has wonderful control even during the high parts. She's got that tone that I love, the tone I think she lost somewhat on her first album. If she's learning how to control it, great!

But that song is just awesome...it's inspiring. I listen to it a lot. Smile

~Gabber

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I was listening to the radio the other day and grooving along to a song I hadn't heard before.

At the end of it the DJ announced that it was Kelly Clarkson's newie, 'Breakaway'.

I agree with other comments made in this thread - I think it's one of her best so far. She's cut down on the trills for this one, and it shows her voice off much better.

Nice one! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
I wonder when she's going to come out with a new CD. This new single has made me really want some new Kelly Clarkson songs to listen to.

That is if she keeps with the same kinda style. Smile

You know what's weird? I heard that Avril Lavigne wrote that song for her. I thought Avril hated Kelly's guts. *shrugs*

~Gabber